Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Tonight from the Egg

jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC01606.jpg
<p />Yum yum ribbs with black pepper, six peppers, salt and bar b q sauce from a local bar b q restaurant owned by Maurice Bessenger. He still flies the Confederate flag in front of every one of his stores. I am not sure how many stores he has but a lot. The local grocery stores took his sauce off the shelf because of the flag, a hot topic here in South Carolina. Piggly Wiggly carries the sauce. [p]Chef Jerry
·

Comments

• jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
    Jwirlwind,
    By the way,I coated the meat after spices with yellow mustard. The sauce I used is a yellow sauce with spices and a touch of sweet taste. [p]Chef Jerry

·
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    salmon001.jpg
    <p />Jwirlwind,
    Looks great, I plan on doing ribs on sunday on the large.[p]I did a salmon filet tonight on the small with a lemon juice/brown sugar marinate.

·
  • MakoBBQ,
    Is that your new tool cabinet for your charcoal grill tools I see in the background?

·
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    TG Scouter,
    It's a tool cabinet/bird nest. Every spring I get a new bird family in it.

·
  • BunkyRubBunkyRub Posts: 52
    Jwirlwind,
    I travel on business to SC and I am familiar with Maurice, both his BBQ and his politics. Unfortunately, the grocery stores in NC also removed his products due to the flag issue. Whenever I am in the Columbia area I try to eat at one his places and take home a bottle or two of his sauce. It makes a great basting for pork tenderloin-the mustard base is a nice alternative to traditional BBQ sauces.

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Jwirlwind,
    Are you really a Chef?

·