Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight from the Egg

jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
edited 7:08AM in EggHead Forum
DSC01606.jpg
<p />Yum yum ribbs with black pepper, six peppers, salt and bar b q sauce from a local bar b q restaurant owned by Maurice Bessenger. He still flies the Confederate flag in front of every one of his stores. I am not sure how many stores he has but a lot. The local grocery stores took his sauce off the shelf because of the flag, a hot topic here in South Carolina. Piggly Wiggly carries the sauce. [p]Chef Jerry
·

Comments

• jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
    Jwirlwind,
    By the way,I coated the meat after spices with yellow mustard. The sauce I used is a yellow sauce with spices and a touch of sweet taste. [p]Chef Jerry

·
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    salmon001.jpg
    <p />Jwirlwind,
    Looks great, I plan on doing ribs on sunday on the large.[p]I did a salmon filet tonight on the small with a lemon juice/brown sugar marinate.

·
  • MakoBBQ,
    Is that your new tool cabinet for your charcoal grill tools I see in the background?

·
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    TG Scouter,
    It's a tool cabinet/bird nest. Every spring I get a new bird family in it.

·
  • BunkyRubBunkyRub Posts: 52
    Jwirlwind,
    I travel on business to SC and I am familiar with Maurice, both his BBQ and his politics. Unfortunately, the grocery stores in NC also removed his products due to the flag issue. Whenever I am in the Columbia area I try to eat at one his places and take home a bottle or two of his sauce. It makes a great basting for pork tenderloin-the mustard base is a nice alternative to traditional BBQ sauces.

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Jwirlwind,
    Are you really a Chef?

·