Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lighten up, people

Options

Hello all-

I've been "dark" on the BGE Forum for a couple of months. This mostly due to work load, a bout of nasty illnesses and quite frankly, people getting their panties in a twist about stupid things. I've killed off my FaceBook BGE Feed as it's insane how people get so worked up about such menial, inconsequential things. If you like Cowboy Lump, great! If you have a Traeger smoker AND a BGE, peachy! If your rigs are on a concrete slab versus a state-of-the-art outdoor kitchen and you are happy, perfect!

It's all about the food - nothing else. This forum should be all about education and technique (and some GOOD natured humor), nothing else. If you have nothing constructive to say, shut your hole - nobody is interested. Let's at least keep this forum out of the FB morass.

Ok. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already but I just hit the wall today.

I'm now off my soapbox. Thank you.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

Well said.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited May 2015
    Options

If you have nothing constructive to say, shut your hole - nobody is interested. 

While I agree with most of your sentiments, your post sounds a little aggressive considering it's your first one in 3 months. 

Agree with SmokeyPitt - very nice burger pic.

Cheers.
    Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The burger in your profile pic looks wonderful.   So good in fact I stalked your posts to find it :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrWilliams
    MrWilliams Posts: 112
    Options
    that burger looks so good!
    XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yup agreed.  I have not seen the FB feed but based on your comments I'll avoid it.

I find this forum to be the most open of any I belong to (for other hobbies).  Folks have strong opinions here, but I don't see any bashing, just gentle ribbing, and there seems to be appreciation for everybody getting it done in their own way.  There is just as much appreciation for the guy posting his first burger cook to someone else's some sous verde reverse sear cowboy ribeye.

I like it here.  :plus_one:

LBGE/Maryland
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2015
    Options

Well said.

=)=)=)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Heh heh. He said mor-ass.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    RRP said:
    The burger in your profile pic looks wonderful.   So good in fact I stalked your posts to find it :)

That burger does look tasty, but personally I like more cheese on mine.

Now that's funny right there!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TnJed
    TnJed Posts: 118
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That burger tho.

Really needs a slice of tomato though..... lol. 
    “All normal people love meat … You don’t win friends with salad.” - Homer Simpson
    http://griffinmotors.blogspot.com/
    https://instagram.com/griffin_motors/ 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Heh heh. He said mor-ass.
    I just figured he wanted A LOT of pulled pork.
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hello all-

I've been "dark" on the BGE Forum for a couple of months. This mostly due to work load, a bout of nasty illnesses and quite frankly, people getting their panties in a twist about stupid things. I've killed off my FaceBook BGE Feed as it's insane how people get so worked up about such menial, inconsequential things. If you like Cowboy Lump, great! If you have a Traeger smoker AND a BGE, peachy! If your rigs are on a concrete slab versus a state-of-the-art outdoor kitchen and you are happy, perfect!

It's all about the food - nothing else. This forum should be all about education and technique (and some GOOD natured humor), nothing else. If you have nothing constructive to say, shut your hole - nobody is interested. Let's at least keep this forum out of the FB morass.

Ok. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already but I just hit the wall today.

I'm now off my soapbox. Thank you.

couple months ago the southern boys were dealing with a long cold winter of 50 to 60 degrees, it really wears them down, that long winter really takes its toll down there. happens every year =) they take all their pain and misery out here on the forum
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @fishlessman the struggle is real. I even had to wear a jacket a few days. 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    And the snow......don't get us started on the snow!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...dipped below freezing for a few hours...I was so enraged I activated all my troll accounts to level 11.

Options
    I'm in KC and the weather here has just been rainy and lately in the 50 and 60's.  Those are shorts and tee shirt weather here, maybe a light jacket at night.  But here is what it is like in Minnesota at 40.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I'm in KC and the weather here has just been rainy and lately in the 50 and 60's.  Those are shorts and tee shirt weather here, maybe a light jacket at night.  But here is what it is like in Minnesota at 40.

Car windows down anything above freezing in MN ^^^
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    Options

i made that mistake when i was younger, that sunlight reflecting off the snow in february gave me a burn you cannot believe, yellow veiny blisters all over, and try and find aloevera or sunburn spray in the winter up here. i ended up squeezing vitamin e oil out of a thousand pills.
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I can't lighten up any more unless I change occupations.

edited May 2015
    Options

Well said.
    I'm still trying to figure out many things about this....A) what the hell is Jennifer Lopez doing at the Oscars? Kevin James isn't invited is he? B ) How did she get seated next to Meryl Streep? C) what's with the delayed over-reaction on JLo's part? It's like she caught Meryl going for it and decided to yell? It takes her that long to comprehend English?

These are the things I think about.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    These type posts just add to the negative clutter that you are complaining about.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    Great message, awful delivery.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • fishlessman
    Options
    WeberWho? said:

Car windows down anything above freezing in MN ^^^
    i bought a convertible just to go icefishing on the
    fukahwee maine

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    There's no room for people who stray from the one true grill.  All Hail the Big Green Egg.... Before anyone gets upset it's a joke...
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SmokinScooter
    Options

"You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it. " - Big Dan Teague

~Eric - Keepin' it real in Stone Mountain
                       LBGE, homemade cedar table
                       SBGE, table in process
                       Auber temp. control & blower
                       iGrill2 & iGrill mini

"Hey Utah, make it two!"
  • GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sardonicus
    edited May 2015
    Options

Okay, okay.  I'll lighten up.

Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was a really nice slave owner.

(Happy Friday, everyone.)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• GATraveller
    edited May 2015
    Options

Okay, okay.  I'll lighten up.

Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was a really nice slave owner.

(Happy Friday, everyone.)

Such a f*cking troll.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sardonicus
    Options