Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE merchant scam alert (Outdoors Three65)

Options
2»

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    OP is talking about this piece of ****. And his own assessment of spot on. Probably the worst grid on the market. Especially when you look at price. Again, I will send it to anyone who wants it if I haven't already thrown away
    Not to hijack this thread, but is there a new little @Chubbs yet? 
    Oh yeah. He is kicking it with me right now. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Chubbs he looks nothing like your profile pic. :tongue: 

congrats man
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    He is a cute little fellow. I know you are proud @Chubbs. A future egghead for sure. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Congrats on the addition.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Doglips
    Doglips Posts: 15
    Options
    Aussie said:
    Hardly qualifies as a scam. Very poor business practices, yes.
    Having said that , isn't it great when you can reverse the transaction when you pay by card.

Well, either he has the merchandise and refuses to ship it after charging you, or doesn't have it and is pulling a scam.  Either way, the customer is ripped off for the same amount. 

And technically I still haven't gotten my money back.  The CC company still has to contact Bilsky.  If they contact him and he gives up some phoney documentation that he shipped it then I will not get reimbursed.  I could definitely use the real owners email address if anyone has it.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I have one of these and I did get it to work but, after 2 uses it sits....somewhere unknown (much rather use my homemade raised grid). Maybe I'll sucker punch somebody with it during the rub/sauce exchange :lol: 
    Hopefully they have the LBGE too. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Maybe I'll sucker punch somebody with it during the rub/sauce exchange :lol: 
    That would be kind of like getting this for Christmas.

• Doglips
    Options
    I was able to contact the owner and apparently it's an employee problem that he intends to fix immediately.  He said he was sending me the item free, although I certainly don't think I'm owed that. 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    That employee problem has been going on long enough then  =)

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    As mentioned earlier I think we are talking about 2 different extenders. 

The extender in question is this one:

You use it with a second (smaller) grid and it makes a swing rack. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    lol ... I almost bought the extender. Almost.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    OP, were you able to reach Jeff?
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Doglips said:
    I was able to contact the owner and apparently it's an employee problem that he intends to fix immediately.  He said he was sending me the item free, although I certainly don't think I'm owed that. 
    I am betting the employee is a family member. How many times have we all seen a family business have a dud of an employee make mistake after mistake, but yet somehow they keep hanging on? 

• Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Options
    Maybe I'll sucker punch somebody with it during the rub/sauce exchange :lol: 
    That would be kind of like getting this for Christmas.

I would be so excited to get that for Christmas! That is fantastic.

Off the OP but I am a big fan of Tom at CGS too.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I bought one in the group buy. If anyone wants it, send me a PM.   I have an AR now, so it's not needed. Brand new. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Doglips
    Options
    OP, were you able to reach Jeff?
    Yep it was Jeff.  He was very apologetic and showed concern that this was the second time an issue has come up with Bilsky.    I pointed out that the only reason I was able to contact him at all was through a forum member from here.  Bilsky is the only contact on their website so he could be ripping off lots of people and the owner would never know and no way for the customer to make a complaint.
  • Doglips
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Talked to Jeff again today (owner).  Apparently Bilsky is supposed to be a distributor he hired to handle Outdoor Three65.  But between my complaints and another incident mentioned on this thread, Bilsky will no longer be employed with his company.  Jeff is a standup guy and was very concerned on how his business was being handled.

It turns out the group buy you guys did awhile back was through Jeff, not through the new guy Bilsky.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Doglips said:
    Talked to Jeff again today (owner).  Apparently Bilsky is supposed to be a distributor he hired to handle Outdoor Three65.  But between my complaints and another incident mentioned on this thread, Bilsky will no longer be employed with his company.  Jeff is a standup guy and was very concerned on how his business was being handled.

It turns out the group buy you guys did awhile back was through Jeff, not through the new guy Bilsky.
    Yep! That's why I recommended contacting him. He was a great guy to work with on that endeavor.