Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking for 35 people Help

Options
Any help would be appreciated. I'm planning on cooking for our Companies 30th anniversary. We will have about 35 people.  The menu will consist of pulled pork sandwiches and a couple of sides, not exactly sure what to do for sides but maybe a potato salad and coleslaw already going to be using coleslaw on the sandwiches so might as well make it an optional side too. But the main help I need is how many Shoulder should I cook? I'm planning on getting the costco packs that come with 2 boneless shoulders per pack. they weight about 7 to 8 pounds a shoulder. I've got my Large egg and my old man has his large egg. So I've got two Large eggs that I will have to start cooking Monday night for our Tuesday lunch party. I can't imagine that I will need more than 4 shoulders so waht do you think I should do 3 or 4? I want to have plenty of meat. If its only 3 needed do you think I could fit all 3 on to one Large egg? I have built with bolts a nuts a custom raised 13" grid. I've never tried to cook 3 shoulders at the same time. the 3rd shoulder would be pretty high up into the dome don't know if the temp difference would be a problem. I can't imagine it really would be a problem with the higher temp plus the egg should equalize after a few hours anyways. 

Anyways any thoughts suggestions or tips would be great. 

Thanks, 

Scott 

Comments