Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the world of egg!

Options
hello everyone! Just came back from a trip to Texas to see relatives! Boy what a trip. I have never had a learning experience on such a fine work of art! I fell in love with all it could do! Being that I live in a condo. We bought the minimax! What a great buy! My only cooks on it so far have been 3 half chickens, two ribeyes, and four smoked bone in pork chops! The taste is so good I want to slap myself! Lol

Could someone tell me how many upgrades are there for the MM?
So far my only grades are the MM woo w/the drip pan and 10" stone.

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse!!!

There's tons of MM folks out of here, they will chime in and I'm looking into a MM myself!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Spydermunky
    Options
    The Ceramic Grill Store has some of the best upgrades you can get, but the only real thing holding you back is your imagination.

Dig through the forums and look at some of the mods people have done.
    Large Green Egg

Kansas City, KS
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Welcome to the madness.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Welcome. We are glad you are here. Remember pics or it didn't happen! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,402
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Loudoc said:
    hello everyone! Just came back from a trip to Texas to see relatives! Boy what a trip. I have never had a learning experience on such a fine work of art! I fell in love with all it could do! Being that I live in a condo. We bought the minimax! What a great buy! My only cooks on it so far have been 3 half chickens, two ribeyes, and four smoked bone in pork chops! The taste is so good I want to slap myself! Lol

Could someone tell me how many upgrades are there for the MM?
    So far my only grades are the MM woo w/the drip pan and 10" stone.

Welcome!  Where are you located?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Loudoc
    Loudoc Posts: 17
    Options
    Central New Jersey 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Loudoc said:
    Central New Jersey 
    A lot of us put our location in our sig file. Someone in your area may be here or join one day. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome. ..pics all the time. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Welcome.... Have fun... and pictures!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Welcome to your now better life! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    You have the core of what you need. I would recommend a thermopop or thermopen thermometer. 

After that it is whatever direction your interest in cooking takes you; stir fry on a wok, paella in a paella pan, lots of things to do on a cast iron pan.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Welcome Loudoc!
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore