Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are Royals The Bad Boys of MLB?

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
edited April 2015 in Off Topic
Well it has been coming all year for the Royals to get into a fight with someone and last night it was the White Sox.  It appears that Ventura started this and it seems like he has been wanting to all year.  I like my team and the confidence they have, I just don't like how they are acting sometimes.  Ventura needs to be the bigger man and just pitch.  If we lose him to suspension or worse a fight that is not good for the team.  Fight's are entertaining, but don't accomplish anything.  I know the team is standing behind Ventura, but this is the third time in a month that his has said something to make someone mad.  The Royals batters have been hit  a lot this year, some of that could be by accident and some not.  They are better and other times like to knock the other team down any way they can to get an edge.  I am not saying anyone is targeting them, its just no one is used to them being good.  We will see how this season continues.  I like that they are leading the Central for now, but it is a long season.  What are your thought?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3iL8u0Dz0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etr4m97fqmM
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sure seems that way so far.  I don't mind it (to a point) as long as what you do "on the field" can back it up.  I always liked the way the Braves were in the 90's-00's - they dug the knife in your back with their play.....not their mouths.  There is the unwritten rule that you don't show someone up....you do and the other team will enforce it.  Much rather see it taken care of like this than with the commissioners office.  Keeps the game exciting. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    George is still around, isn't he? Maybe he's their inspiration. =)  I always liked George. Got to see him play once in KC. 

I had forgotten that this game was at Yankee Stadium.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• kci-04
    kci-04 Posts: 1
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk Great George Brett story... video quality isn't the greatest.
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    kci-04 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk Great George Brett story... video quality isn't the greatest.
    I remember this.  Very funny.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    Look at the video again, Eaton started mouthing off to Ventura and then he responded to him.  However, it got blown out of control for sure, Ventura even said he needs to watch his cool.  Oh well we keep winning ball games!
  • SmoothSpringer
    Options
    The Royals have won 16 of the last 19 games in Chicago. This crap will be happening all year against the White Sox.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    And while those to team beat each other up... the Tigers will finish in first again
  • jbjet45
    jbjet45 Posts: 52
    Options
    I saw what eggerman said also.  I agree 100% with everyone else that Ventura didn't need to say anything.  We were playing better ball than they were at that point and then he got ejected along with Cain......both a huge loss in my opinion.  Seems like there is a little growing up to do...
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    implode, baby, implode

I have no stats to back this up, but I think more players get plunked early in the year when pitchers are less consistent.

hotheadedness can kill a team if not controlled and when a team or player gets that reputation, you know others are going to exploit that.  clearing the bench doesn't discourage teams from challenging them - quite the opposite.

anyone notice how Puig is more reserved this year?  he's starting to get a handle on it and that's good news if you're a fan of him or the doyers.
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    hapster said:
    And while those to team beat each other up... the Tigers will finish in first again
    @hapter, and go out in the first round again. ;)=)

Kansas City, Mo.