Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flounder in the CI with Stir Fried Sides

Options
Picked up some Flounder,yellow squash and kale at Fresh Market for tonight's supper.  Been awhile since I've cooked flounder so I forgot that my favorite way is on a bed of lemons and fresh dill on top. Didn't pick up the lemons or dill so in the skillet it goes,later.   

I had some sautéed greens with seared tuna on our last vaca and decided to try and replicate,so hot and fast in the wok we go with some shallots and garlic 

Got it it really wilted then added a 1/2 cup of veggie stock and covered with a CI lid while stirring often 

Since the wok was hot that is where I will do the squash. Again with a mix of shallots and garlic

Next at up the Flounder,rubbed with Lemon Pepper.    CI was preheated for 45 mins at 450°, melted some butter and in goes the fish. 

And ready to eat. 

We really like the way the Kale and Squash turned out in the wok.  For a spur of the moment decision it turned out great and will be done again in the future. Fish was good as I hoped for 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments