Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    "As he grasped my bosom and spun me around playfully, I reached out to steady myself and tried to clutch his most prized possession, a grill that resembles an egg. He tied me up using a old dog leash and had his way with me. The only victim tonight was his green egg that was pushed off the deck in the heat of the moment." 
    I just hope it is a "clean burn". 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    .... she just had to peek and suddenly he flared up again ....

Let me get out my notepad, these are some pretty good lines...you sure you guys aren't secret romance writers? Maybe you should start a round robin romance where each of you add a section, then publish it with some catchy egg title. lol 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited April 2015
    Options

Let me get out my notepad, these are some pretty good lines...you sure you guys aren't secret romance writers? Maybe you should start a round robin romance where each of you add a section, then publish it with some catchy egg title. lol 
    We'll save that for Friday when EVERYONE gets liquored up again.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    swordsmn said:
    See  Shannon, you shoulda just left it at my Southern Gentleman comment  LOL.   I expect to see Col. Angus  make an appearance  (remember SNL?)

I'm loving this! Such creativity. I might make romance writers out of some of you yet. lol  I did a story around Chinese take out (Chinatown Buffet), I don't see why we couldn't pen up a good one backyard barbecue and BGE's.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    LMAO. That's too funny. If you do look for me, my pen name is Shannon Leigh. But be warned, there is another "Shannon Leigh" on Amazon that writes some really raunchy crap. Like Grandpa does granddaughter. That is NOT me. I went round and round with Amazon because some of the other "Shannon Leigh's" stuff was going to my pages. For anyone seriously wanting to know, my webpage is http://shannonleigh.org
    I think your site has maleware on it. When I visited, yes I was curious, it popped up a page concerning maleware. You may want to have it checked. 

I kept getting directed to a Sam's Club questionnaire page. I'll have my Geek Squad geek check it out. Of course, that means my son will have to visit my website. I don't really "advertise" that to them too much. They know mom's a romance writer but still....
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    This is a wild thread.... Did the gal get a new egg?

Not yet. Waiting to see if Bruce from the mothership is going to be able to help me at all. I've called him a few times today and all I get is his voicemail.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

Found the photos.  Now I want to cry. :o

Dang, me too. If you look closely, you'll notice that the lid did not escape unscathed. There's a small crushed area under the gasket. I suspect it will have to be replaced as well. :(

ShannyShooShoo 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Shannon, where's the nursing erotica? That's right in your wheelhouse.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    The photos look bad, but I think it was Nola who originally pointed out that it is just the base and the bands that appear broken (or bent).  I can't tell 100%, but it appears the dome, fire box, fire ring. plate setter are all in tact.  Unfortunately the base is the most expensive part.  

I wish that were right. Two of the legs on the plate setter were broken off. The insides were fine, but the base is obviously destroyed and the dome has a crushed spot under the gasket. Its in the 3rd picture down. Once you take off the gasket, all the crushed part will fall out, leaving a chunk missing on the rim. I'm wondering if the insides are what caused the base to break. Granted it did get rolled off the patio, but it's one step and it fell onto the grass. I'm betting the fire ring and fire box are what broke the base when it fell. I'm amazed they weren't damaged.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    henapple said:
    Grandpa does granddaughter. ....? You know what @caliking says...why go to the mall when it's right down the hall?

Ew....just, ew. They get worse, trust me. I thought about changing my pen name when I stumbled across them. No way I wanted to be associated with that stuff.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    The photos look bad, but I think it was Nola who originally pointed out that it is just the base and the bands that appear broken (or bent).  I can't tell 100%, but it appears the dome, fire box, fire ring. plate setter are all in tact.  Unfortunately the base is the most expensive part.  

I wish that were right. Two of the legs on the plate setter were broken off. The insides were fine, but the base is obviously destroyed and the dome has a crushed spot under the gasket. Its in the 3rd picture down. Once you take off the gasket, all the crushed part will fall out, leaving a chunk missing on the rim. I'm wondering if the insides are what caused the base to break. Granted it did get rolled off the patio, but it's one step and it fell onto the grass. I'm betting the fire ring and fire box are what broke the base when it fell. I'm amazed they weren't damaged.
    Unfortunately, some cracks won't be visible until you fire it up.  Found that out the hard way with my Small GE (purchased used).

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options

A while back we had a thread about a book titled 50 shades of Bacon.  It was a cookbook.

It wouldn't be too hard to do the same kinda thing here..  Nola gave us the title.... write a good forward, and a double entendre filled paragraph introducing each type of cook or recipe...

Might give a whole new view on spatchcocked chicken!  :rofl: 

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    Shannon, where's the nursing erotica? That's right in your wheelhouse.

Actually, the heroine in my first full-length romance (available in paperback I might add) is a nurse and does have to put some of her nursey skills to use.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    Was making spaghetti last night and wanted to grill up a spaghetti squash for me (watching my carbs and all). I cleaned out my mini egg and was getting ready to light 'er up when some pretty bad storms rolled in and I had to resort to the kitchen oven. It's bad enough my large is gone, now the weather won't even let me use the mini. I was tempted to grab an umbrella but with all the lightning, I didn't expect standing out back with lightning rod in one hand and a metal spatula in the other was a grand idea. I'm dying to grill something, anything. Even if it just one hamburger! LOL More storms on the way for tonight. Anyone else grilling anything today?
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Was making spaghetti last night and wanted to grill up a spaghetti squash for me (watching my carbs and all). I cleaned out my mini egg and was getting ready to light 'er up when some pretty bad storms rolled in and I had to resort to the kitchen oven. It's bad enough my large is gone, now the weather won't even let me use the mini. I was tempted to grab an umbrella but with all the lightning, I didn't expect standing out back with lightning rod in one hand and a metal spatula in the other was a grand idea. I'm dying to grill something, anything. Even if it just one hamburger! LOL More storms on the way for tonight. Anyone else grilling anything today?
    I might be tonight. We have rain over hear in the land of pleasant living.

If you write a follow-up about your heroine moving to Baltimore, I'll let you know what the Shock Trauma Handshake is so you can use it. I am well-versed in delivering it.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    I might be tonight. We have rain over hear in the land of pleasant living.

If you write a follow-up about your heroine moving to Baltimore, I'll let you know what the Shock Trauma Handshake is so you can use it. I am well-versed in delivering it.

Well shoot, now I'm curious. I may have to write one just to find out. ;)

ShannyShooShoo 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Let's just say it's used to assess spinal cord dysfunction(rectal tone).
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• shannonlcorum
    Options
    Focker said:

OMG! That's awful. I've heard that saying before. LMAO
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    ^^^^What is that and how do you cook them?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    That looks like a sugar glider to me. Too small to skin.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • shannonlcorum
    shannonlcorum Posts: 200
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ^^^^What is that and how do you cook them?

That is a sugar glider--though not a very healthy looking one, their fur should not be yellow--and you do not cook them. You love them, and they love you back. Better than a dog because they're not big enough to pull over and bust your egg. I have 6. Sugar Gliders, not eggs. See the little pink nosed fella with the crisp white chest next to my name? That is Liam. He's my spoiled little monkey. That is what a healthy suggie should look like. Though I have to admit, he was young and lean there. Now he's shaped more like a pear--little head, big body--and has sizeable goobies.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Looks like somebody's had too much tequila. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    This thread has gone far, far away. When and if it comes back around (often they don't) I will be happy to contribute...dirty books or not

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• badinfluence
    Options
    @Little Steven well I tried to bring it back to a cooking forum but apparently you can not cook a sugar glider.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Little Steven
    Options
    @badinfluence, The little varmint does  look tasty. Wish eggs came with a rotisserie

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• badinfluence
    Options
    @little Steven she has 6 of them I'm sure with a little dry rub they would be fine as a meal. Heck I'm just a skinny little sucker anyways.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I'm thinking Tandoori varmint

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,125
    Options
    They look more like fried food to me.  A little egg wash some flour or cornmeal a nice spicy rub mixed in.  Yum!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin