Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Pizza

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked a pizza, and it was a total flop. It ran all over the place and it was a horrible mess to clean. Please can someone tell me how to cook a pizza or what in the WORLD I did wrong.
Thanks.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Pizza_06_21_0018_27_03_small.jpg
    <p />Frances, Spin is the real expert on BGE pizza and I'm sure that he'll be along - in the meantime, check out the link to my web site - pictures and directions.[p]REMEMBER - there is no such thing as a failure if we use it as a learning experience. Good luck with your next pizza!

[ul][li]Pizza[/ul]
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Frances,[p]Check out Spin's tutorial in the recipe section (link below).

[ul][li]Spin's Pizza[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    pizza1.jpg
    <p />Frances,
    Tell us what you did - the only other time someone complained about "running" was when they added tomatoes on it. I would aviod that as much as possible since they reduce themselves by letting the water run free and that would make too much liquid. The Egg pizza doesn't need a real wet sauce or any extra water. Too much liquid makes my pies soggy in the middle. [p]Here is one of mine just before it went in. Its about 13-14" diameter and try to keep the toppings on top so they cook faster. Try again - it's worth it. You can also get wonderful results with a Boboli crust!![p]Tim

[ul][li]Tim's BGE place[/ul]