Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Brisket on the BGE

Options
Feeding a couple friends tomorrow.  Hit up a local shop today here in Knoxville. Mother Earth Meats.  Really dig local grass fed beef from around town.  Picked up a 5 pound brisket and 4 half pound ribeyes.  All local from around the area.  
Went ahead and seasoned the brisket tonight.  Used just a basic seasoning that a good friend of mine swears by.  
He is a big time egg head from Sweetwater.  Just kosher salt and fresh pepper.  He said if I wanted, I could add a dash of garlic.  Which I did this time.  Going to fire up the egg tomorrow with a little apple and hickory and let it cook for about 4.5 hours at 250.  Then throw the steaks on and cook around 600 for a few minutes.  Any tips from you guys would be appreciated.  
Thanks Matt

P.S.  Grabbed some Green Man ESB from the Beer Market to add to the festivities.
Cheers!

Comments