Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ham hocks

edited 2:36AM in EggHead Forum
hey bbq eggspurts!!! LOL! How should i smoke ham hocks? is it ok to use liquid smoke? my hocks usually get a honey ham flavor. what am is wrong??? thanks and happy smoking!

Comments

• Rich GRich G Posts: 103
    DigCam11012002%20003.jpg
    <p />Papa ShaBBQ Mack Daddy06 ,[p]I brined these in a basic brine (I think I used the Cook's Illustrated one), then hickory smoked them at 225 for about 4-5 hours. Easy to do, but since I found out that the butcher who sells me the green hocks, sells his smoked ones for about .10 more, I usually just buy 'em. ;)[p]Cheers,
    R

• Rich G,
    thanx! i need to brine them i think. the hocks usually are a tasty treat but i am new to bGe's. heard this place was helpfull and it has so far. was worried but now i feel better. mmmm ham!

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Papa ShaBBQ Mack Daddy06 ,[p]Here is a link to check out.[p]~thirdeye~[p]

[ul][li]Hocks[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery