Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ham hocks

edited 11:31PM in EggHead Forum
hey bbq eggspurts!!! LOL! How should i smoke ham hocks? is it ok to use liquid smoke? my hocks usually get a honey ham flavor. what am is wrong??? thanks and happy smoking!

• Rich GRich G Posts: 103
    <p />Papa ShaBBQ Mack Daddy06 ,[p]I brined these in a basic brine (I think I used the Cook's Illustrated one), then hickory smoked them at 225 for about 4-5 hours. Easy to do, but since I found out that the butcher who sells me the green hocks, sells his smoked ones for about .10 more, I usually just buy 'em. ;)[p]Cheers,

• Rich G,
    thanx! i need to brine them i think. the hocks usually are a tasty treat but i am new to bGe's. heard this place was helpfull and it has so far. was worried but now i feel better. mmmm ham!

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Papa ShaBBQ Mack Daddy06 ,[p]Here is a link to check out.[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery