Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest, Chicken, and a Cookie question

Options
Sameydog
Sameydog Posts: 154
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
I'm still practicing for the local Nature's Coast Eggfest by making chickens for the neighbors. I believe I am ready for the Eggfest which is a week from this coming Saturday. I've managed to get the chicken skin brown enough to my liking. I enclosed a picture of yesterday's cook.

I blackened some grouper I had as a treat for me but forgot to take a picture. I put it in a cast iron skillet after the chickens were done, ran it up to 550 degrees, and a few minutes later we had blackened grouper. It worked great and was a good way to use up the heat left over from the chicken cook.

My question on the cookies is I'm also making them for the Eggfest and I've only done them on a cookie sheet. These are the margarita style cookies. I was hoping to be able to use  maybe a pizza stone instead of a cookie sheet as the bottoms are too brown before the cookie is done. Any  tips would be appreciated.

Bill

From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    How are you using the cookie sheet currently are you putting out directly on the grid or do you have an indirect piece? Chicken looks great!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    A pizza stone works well for cookies but you might want to try a batch to make sure it works well with your cookie type. 
  • Sameydog
    Sameydog Posts: 154
    Options
    How are you using the cookie sheet currently are you putting out directly on the grid or do you have an indirect piece? Chicken looks great!
    Thanks...I'm happy with the chicken. I put the sheet on the grill over indirect. I'm not sure I have enough time to try the cookies before the Eggfest.

Bill
    From the deep south...land of saltwater fish...west central Florida