Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Recovery Meal

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
After (over) eating all the amazing food at the Salado Eggfest today, I needed a quick and lighter dinner. Tried a new shrimp recipe for a traditional Italian shrimp recipe and it was great. 

Coated shrimp in EVOO and salt and pepper and cooked raised direct. Removed from grill and drizzled with the sauce. Fantastic flavor. 

Sauce:
EVOO
Garlic
Fresh oregano 
Fresh lemon juice
Lemon zest

Side of asparagus. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We are moving the after-party to your house. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Good to see you again...missed the peppers you cooked last year. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Never been to Salado (my short-coming) but addressing a recovery meal at 6 PM (CDT) on pi day seems way premature.    And some day I plan to have the eggsperience to appreciate the thought process behind such move.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPARKTX
    Options
    @henapple you have a good memory. I have a great new pepper recipe for next year, a Spanish dish.  I missed cooking today, but it just wasn't managable thus year with the boys. 
  • CPARKTX
    Options
    @lousubcap I highly recommend an Eggfest, I've only been to two both both were fantastic.  Great food and a lot of fun to meet the folks on the forum. 
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Wish I wasn't allergic to shrimp or I'd be all over those. Maybe just maybe I'll be a nice guy and cook those for my wife. I do her a favor and maybe she'll do me a favor. ;)  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @CPARKTX-I totally agree with your recommendation.  That said, I have attended and cooked in a few in the local area-just never made the pilgrimage to Salado.  I will check the Salado box one day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.