Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10 Days to Salado Eggfest Reminder

Options
Hey! Get used to it! I'm going to keep sending out reminders until March 10th and after that, you're on your own. We're closing the Chicken Ranch and heading to Salado on Thursday, the 11th. We're set up to do some serious sight-seeing in Salado between 3:00 and 3:30.

Then we have to go to our hotel and get rested up for the Meet & Greet Party the next evening. Yes, that would be Friday. And we may have to do some shopping.

So if you have some kind of memory retention problem, tie a string around one of your .... uh .... uh.... those protrusions sticking off the end of your arm. Yeah, just pick one and tie a string around it.

No... not that tight!!! Just tie the (____)thing well enough to remain there until the morning of March 14th, which means you will only have to see the string 9 more times. And on the last morning, the 14th, it should remind you to get into your car (okay Truck...) and drive to Salado. IT'S IN TEXAS!!! Pay attention...

You're welcome...

See you in Salado.

Spring "We Fest Scribes Do Earn Our Pay" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    30 Larges ready for Salado Fest plus the two free Mini-Max the Mr Chicken and I each hope to win.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options

I'm telling folks who register to make sure they have room in their car to take the other Mini-Max home.  I think some are leaving their first born at home to make room for their winnings.

At the moment everyone with a ticket has a 1 in 113 chance of winning one of the two Mini-Max Eggs. 

Spring "Odds Are Good To Win And Good To Lose" Chicken

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I need ideas on how to get my Mini-Max home on the plane when I win it.

Any ideas? :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options

Check it as a member of the family and hope the ticket agent is an Egghead.

Spring "Rules Are Meant To Be Exceptionized" Chicken

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    DMW said:

Carry on...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I am SO looking forward to this! I can't wait to meet you all and destress for the weekend. I'm even going to attempt to cook! Smoked salmon stuffed mushrooms (direct from the PNW) for the meet and greet and after party and sawmill gravy over English muffins for the fest. Hopefully I won't screw up too much. :) Many thanks to @henapple for offering to help me out, @Mickey for everything you've done, and @Spring Chicken for all the work you do to "ahem" keep us all in line. I can't wait to meet my new, highly dysfunctional family. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Mickey
    Options
    DMW said:

Tell them it's Granny in the urn.