Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firecraft shout out!!!

Options
grege345
grege345 Posts: 3,515
Yes another thread giving props to firecraft. I made my spring order yesterday at ten minutes till 2 and my 4 bags of rockwood,1 bag of OO, and a shaker of head country showed up at 9:30 this morning. Ya I might be less than 200 miles from where it was shipped but that's fast. Everything was properly packed and in good order. Can't wait to try the head country @henapple . Anything you want to recommend for the rub? Or is it good on everything? 
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'd try some St Louis style ribs 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    How was it packaged? Want to order some but afraid it will be pulverized by the time it hits my doorstep. 
  • grege345
    Options
    The 4 bags of RW were in there own box and fit perfectly with no room to move. The OO was in its own box and stuffed with a lot of paper to take up the space. I'd say the X factor would be the handler/handlers. These were obviously well cared for. You'd have the same X factor with any box store tho I would think. I'm a OO virgin so looking forward to it

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    + 1 for Firecraft. I placed my order last week for 4 bags of Rockwood, Fajitaish Rub, and Blues Hog Sauce. 

Three minutes later I realized that I left off two bags of Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel Chunks. I called them and told the nice guy on the phone what happened and that I wanted to add the bags to my order, and I didn't want it treated like a separate order so I could take advantage of the free shipping. 

He was very nice and said he would take care of it. I am a two day shipping point away from them, but sure enough two days later it all showed up nice and neat and in good condition. 

They give great customer service. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Expecting my first OO. Ordered along with 100# of RW Sunday night. 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Agree I have never had a problem and they are shipping out to California for me. I have 100 lbs of OO due to arrive on Thursday I have been out of lump for three days and now refuse to buy anything else.  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I haven't tired OO yet, but have easy access to RW.  I have 2.5 bags sitting in the garage and plenty at my Egg store if I need more.  It good that there is a store out there like Firecraft.  I can also get a lot of the rubs they carry on their website.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    That's great! Didn't know they had Head Country. Are you in OK @grege345? I just picked up a 30oz when I was in Tulsa this past weekend.
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Same here.  Just got my Firecraft delivery last week.  Everything arrived in good shape and the shipping was quick.  I'm restocked on Rockwood and Ozark Oak.  Great service.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What is fire craft? I have found using duraflame fireplace logs is the fastest way to get to temp and gives me a nice even burn. It also has an amazing chemical flavor it imparts into the meat. If I get really crazy I dump in some lighter fluid. I love my egg and my duraflame logs.  :liar: 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • PlanoPokes79
    Options
    Head country rub is great and their hickory BBQ sauce is fantastic. About all I use, except for mivkey's coffee rub. My son brings me OO from Tulsa for $5 a bag.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Chubbs ... well, I would guess that the duraflame logs are a step up from using Royal Oak.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    My charcoal order was pack great in a box. Was fast too. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,488
    Options
    I used to be able to get BGE lump, 20 lb for $18, but the single location has jacked it up to $30 so I need a new source, have wanted to try OO but can only get Frontier (and more recently Cowboy) around here.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @botch free shipping over $100. Not like you won't burn it before it spoils...
  • grege345
    Options
    4 bags of RW , one bag of OO and a shaker is around 102$