Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

send snow

Options
12 more inches and we beat the record in boston. i dont care that i cant find my egg
:D its all about the record
:))
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Awesome! We only received about 4 inches yesterday. Maybe another inch tomorrow. I'm still holding out hope for 1 or 2 significant ones before the end of winter. This one has sucked so far. Maybe 8 or 9 inches total. At least we have had this wonderful cold. I love me some artic chill.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,838
    edited February 2015
    Options
    love the snow, love the cold, wind though has been bad, came home from camp this morning and the 50 foot walkway down to the house is 4 feet deep in a drift. ice dams on the houses are bad this year, spring thaw is going to be bad for some of my neighbors this year. letitsnow letitsnow letitsnow
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Ah yes, and another one goes over the hill ... too bad about that.

You are trying to break a 108" all time snow fall record?  Wow, our Canadian friends will be wetting themselves laughing about that. Even the UP of Michigan has some areas that have received over 300 inches so far ... normal winter!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• fishlessman
    Options

You are trying to break a 108" all time snow fall record?  Wow, our Canadian friends will be wetting themselves laughing about that. Even the UP of Michigan has some areas that have received over 300 inches so far ... normal winter!

most ive ever seen was about 20 feet up north, dead deers hanging up high in trees come spring. but its nothing like seeing it in down town boston where the streets were made to walk horses single file
    :)) and theres no sleds in boston to get to the pubs
    fukahwee maine

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

most ive ever seen was about 20 feet up north, dead deers hanging up high in trees come spring. but its nothing like seeing it in down town boston where the streets were made to walk horses single file
    I love Boston, in the summer, I always wondered how in the heck they removed all the snow from the narrow and irregular cobblestone streets.
  • fishlessman
    Options

I love Boston, in the summer, I always wondered how in the heck they removed all the snow from the narrow and irregular cobblestone streets.
    right now its 30 dollars an hour and a shovel to dig out the commuter rails
    fukahwee maine

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options

I think the equipment they use is called ... spring!

Where I went to school 20 feet is a normal winter.  Never thought about it much.  Asphalt disappeared in November and reappeared in April.  Large blowers worked all night to move snowbanks back to the curb ... they usually worked all winter.  A little stamp sand at the intersections and no problems getting around.

If we had Boston's snowfall here, we'd be bound up until summer.  The flat plains and the blowing wind really sock in the river valley areas.  Plus, we've never had even 60 inches of snow.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I sure wish the Sierras were getting the snow you guys are getting.  Despite the wet November and December we had, our snow pack out west is pathetic.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If we had Boston's snow fall, we'd all run out of milk and bread and die.

edit: at my house we'd have to run out of meat first...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

love the snow, love the cold, letits now letits now letits now

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    We had record cold of -21*F the other night. Records suck.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options

12 more inches and we beat the record in boston. i dont care that i cant find my egg

I'm sure I have enough in my yard to bring you up to the record.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    Options

We had record cold of -21*F the other night. Records suck.

i love those temps
    :D almost all our snow came in the last 2.5 weeks, another record. last week there was a moron broken down in a snow bank pulling a 43 foot luxury boat thru boston, could probably be in  the top ten dumbest things to do in a snow storm in boston
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

I'm sure I have enough in my yard to bring you up to the record.
    just be careful parking with all that snow your bringing, i think theres a bet going on with the plow guys as to how many out of staters cars can be hit with a plow truck.
    fukahwee maine

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    We had a little ice so we closed the schools, probably a smart move.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    As a life long jets fan I hope it snows so much that Tom Brady blows out his shoulder shoveling snow
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• fishlessman
    Options
    grege345 said:

As a life long jets fan I hope it snows so much that Tom Brady blows out his shoulder shoveling snow

im not sure why he would shovel his heated cobblestone driveway
    fukahwee maine

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options

grege345 said:

im not sure why he would shovel his heated cobblestone driveway

Damn you Tom!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Ice ice baby. ..image
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    I am in the ski industry.  Could you send some of that snow to the west?  Thanks!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Fish you're loco :)) Hope you get your wish B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL