Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just noticed my firebox is cracked in three spots almost in perfect alignment in third's of the box?

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I'm not saying you're wrong, just what i saw
    Imagine every one of my posts with the winking or laughing emoticon I used to have. Not serious very often man.
    :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

Imagine every one of my posts with the winking or laughing emoticon I used to have. Not serious very often man.

+1. :smile:
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I'll see you what used to be the I'm not serious emoticon and raise you one what used to be the  ROTFLMAO emoticon
    =))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

Jeremiah said:

I'll see you what used to be the I'm not serious emoticon and raise you one what used to be the  ROTFLMAO emoticon
    =))

[-X :

8-} B-)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    This is the only exclusion, in the BGE Warranty, that I could find pertaining to the ceramics:

Warranty coverage does not extend to scratches, dents, chips, crazing, fading, appearances or minor cosmetic cracks of the exterior glaze that do not affect the performance of the EGG.

Along another line, this sentence in their warranty is interesting:

VOIDING THE WARRANTY: ... Modifying or substituting any internal components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty ...

That sounds like using an aftermarket grate (Fishbone grate, Kick Ash Basket,  High-Que, etc) can void the warranty.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Jeepster47
    Options
    Oh damn, I started typing the above post a hour ago and got distracted ... in the mean time you guys all went out and got silly drunk without me ... nice group of friends you are.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options

@Jeepster47, Im on my way home to a bottle of Scotch.

When my firebox cracked, I had moved far away from my old dealer. So i sent an email to the mothership, they sent me a form letter that is essentially my warranty. Took it and pics of my broken firebox to the local dealer, walked out with a new firebox.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Jeepster47
    Options

...  When my firebox cracked, I had moved far away from my old dealer. So i sent an email to the mothership, they sent me a form letter that is essentially my warranty. Took it and pics of my broken firebox to the local dealer, walked out with a new firebox.

@milesvdustin ... Had you registered your egg when you bought it?  How did they decide you were the legitimate first owner?

• MediumRarely
    Options
    I did my warranty replacement with the dealer nearest to my home, not the one I originally bought it from.  I did have documentation to verify purchase though.  In retrospect, there was no need for me to actually go to the dealer (I emailed photos, etc. - never brought the damaged fire ring to the store).  I am sure they would have mailed it if needed.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.