Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What kind of store did you buy your BGE from?

Options
13»

Comments

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Bon Air Hearth, Porch & Patio in Chesterfield VA. Good folks, have demo cooks etc. Upscale products and clientele (myself excluded), but realize the guy in jeans and workboots may have as high a credit score as the tasseled loafer guy.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • SaskEgger
    Options
    Smokehaus Meats and Deli in Martensville SK. It's my local butcher shop. Trent has a passion for the egg, to the point that he does sample bbqs every month on the Egg for his clients. Great business model.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Got mine at an EggFest.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I got my first (a large) from Fred's Music and BBQ in Reading, Pa. Think they are called Tastylicks now. They delivered also. I like dealing with them, and would use them again. They also have a large variety to look at, including pellet smokers. Still get most of my rubs from there, although most of my charcoal purchases are from Firecraft now.

My second was a mini, from an ACE Hardware, got it there because it was a $200 floor model. Nice guys there, and near where I worked.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Bought mine from my employer. We are a construction company. We have owners who like to eat good food.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• HoosierEgg71
    Options
    Local distributor...Bassemeirs in Evansville IN.
  • Fireman_Joe
    Options
    Ace Hardware Store
    Gambrills,Maryland

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    My son bought my Large BGE from BBQ's Galore here in Hermosa Beach for my retirement present. It was the right gift at the right time. He asked me to smoke him a pork butt for his super bowl party this Sunday. Go Seahawks!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ace Hardware

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SaskEgger said:
    Smokehaus Meats and Deli in Martensville SK. It's my local butcher shop. Trent has a passion for the egg, to the point that he does sample bbqs every month on the Egg for his clients. Great business model.
    Martensville has an egg dealer!  I'm both surprised and impessed.  Been through there many a time.
    Phoenix 
  • BamaBrad
    Options
    Pool Store.  I'd always look whenever getting the pool water tested.  Finally bought a large EGG. They get lots of money from me between EGG stuff and pool chemicals and salt.  Will probably buy a hot tub from them too.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I bought my large at Georgia Backyard, now it is American Backyard, bought a small on Craigs List and bought my Mini Max at Roswell Hardware. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    A fireplace shop in Canton Michigan. Went back a few months later for another Egg and the place had burned to the ground.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Pool and Spa store.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • gabriegger
    Options
    Both larges from Ontario Gas BBQ in Vaughan and Mr. Mini at Dickson's Toronto Eggfest. I was surprised to see them for sale at fireplace and pool retailers in the States. God Bless America!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Large from a a dedicated Barbecue store. When I called them at the end of November about the MiniMax they had no idea it existed and said they had no plans to order any BGE stuff until spring (BBQ season as they put it).  I told them BBQ season is year round, so searched elsewhere.

Finally found a place in PDX called The Pool and Spa house. These folks were awesome..had me my MIniMax in about 10 days.
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • heyron
    heyron Posts: 2
    Options
    Got my new large Egg w/platesetter and a few accessories from Roswell Hardware (local old-school hardware store) - got my small off Craigslist - from a family that owns a liquor store: It has an Evan Williams badge on the MFT - was a store display (unused w/stand and platesetter), and only $100.... 
  • chipman
    chipman Posts: 85
    Options
    Mine came from AAA Sewing and vacuum in San Mateo. 
  • Froman
    Froman Posts: 201
    Options
    I bought both of mine from a fireplace installer. Also loved eggs. :)
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    Options
    My LBGE was purchased at Mile High Ace Hardware & Garden in Federal Heights, CO.  They were very knowledgable and helpful!  Outside of the purchase, I opened the box of my conveggerator and a leg was broken. I took it back and they replaced no questions asked. I am sure that most or all of the other retailers would have had the same customer service but it was a refreshing experience.  A manufacturer is a reflection of their distribution...
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    demo from the austin eggfest
  • mgillia
    mgillia Posts: 89
    Options
    Bought my LBGE from Pinch-A-Penney in Panama City, FL too.  I had to re-glue the felt (top/bottom) after the first week.  Other than that I've had nothing but good luck.

Shiny side up, rubber side down!  PCB, FL

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Wife bought my XL from a pool/spa place. I bought a floor model medium with table from the mothership.
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    BGE seems to have a very strange distribution network.   The variety of dealers is highly heterogeneous.  I  would ramp ramp up production and sell through a more usual set of retail outlets. 
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)