Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chops, Proscuitto Asparagus Bundles, and Pot

Options
2»

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Good job of the asparagus!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Chubbs ... excellent question ... it's got me thinking.  The missus likes pork at 150 IT, so the chop was pulled at 145 ... or as close as I could get.  Your question has me thinking that I might have to try pulling at 140 and count on a 10 degree rise ... or 135 and fib a little when it's on the table.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

@Chubbs ... excellent question ... it's got me thinking.  The missus likes pork at 150 IT, so the chop was pulled at 145 ... or as close as I could get.  Your question has me thinking that I might have to try pulling at 140 and count on a 10 degree rise ... or 135 and fib a little when it's on the table.

Now we are talking

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Chubbs ... thanks ... I'll now pull the pins out of that "he tricked me" voodoo doll.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That is exactly what I found. I very rarely oil my veggies anymore because of that very reason. I will use a little water to get the S&P to stick and that's it.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Good job of the asparagus!

Thanks Doc. Appreciate it, sir.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013