Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Hot Dogs

Options
2»

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hot diggity dawgs!  Those are over the top man. 

@Chubbs the only New England style buns I have found are Kings Hawaiian. 

They are great if you like KH buns. My kids actually don't care for them.  They like the rolls alone but don't like the sweet buns with burgers or dogs.  I really like em...especially with grilled pineapple, slaw, and a belgian beer. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Thx again guys!

@jfm0830‌ , that's an interesting background on the rolls. Thx again for leading me on to them. I was excited to find them in Food Lion. Although in the pack of 8 buns in the Pepperidge Farm brand, there are only 4 good ones (the inner ones) that have both sides non crusted.

@10_42bbq‌ , it took me until this morning before I realized I knew you already. lol. Glad to see you posting more! And congrats on the new Large BGE!
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
     @jfm0830‌ , that's an interesting background on the rolls. Thx again for leading me on to them. I was excited to find them in Food Lion. Although in the pack of 8 buns in the Pepperidge Farm brand, there are only 4 good ones (the inner ones) that have both sides non crusted. ...trimmed 
    Were the rolls in two sets of 4? Never seen that before. The one's I get are a group of 8. I sometimes take a sharp bread knife and carefully trim off the crust on the two ends. ;)
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Some Beach! I just ate and now I'm hungry again. Great looking Cook!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    They serve a similar dog in Kansas City at the baseball stadium. Had one there a couple of years ago when I was traveling. I can say without doubt, yours look and surely tasted better.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    @jfm0830‌ , yup, they were in 2 sets of 4. That's a good tip on trimming the edges off the outer buns. I'll have to do that with the others I have left.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited January 2015
    Options

THIS FORUM SUCKS!

I'm retired. These are my "golden" years. I'm supposed to kick back and take it easy.  Now you guys/gals have me running around on a damn scavenger hunt for all your regional favorites.  I mean come on ... isn't Wonder bread good enough? 

@RRP was bragging on some damn crackers that he found in a nearby grocery store.  I live just across the river from him and the crackers are not in our stores.  What's with that ... sounds a little like a snipe hunt.  And, what's with Dukes ... yep, once again, not on our side of the river.

So, stop it ... well maybe not totally ... but, at least a little ... anybody see my meds?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Just.  Wow.  Nothing's like a Nathan's dog.  Now nothing's like that Nathan's dog.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    THIS FORUM SUCKS!

I'm retired. These are my "golden" years. I'm supposed to kick back and take it easy.  Now you guys/gals have me running around on a damn scavenger hunt for all your regional favorites.  I mean come on ... isn't Wonder bread good enough? 

@RRP was bragging on some damn crackers that he found in a nearby grocery store.  I live just across the river from him and the crackers are not in our stores.  What's with that ... sounds a little like a snipe hunt.  And, what's with Dukes ... yep, once again, not on our side of the river.

So, stop it ... well maybe not totally ... but, at least a little ... anybody see my meds?

LOL - no Effie's at Washington Kroger yet? That's a crying shame. I must be on my 5th package already and on my 3rd package of Murray's spreads. It's worth a drive to P-town!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    RRP said:

LOL - no Effie's at Washington Kroger yet? That's a crying shame. I must be on my 5th package already and on my 3rd package of Murray's spreads. It's worth a drive to P-town!
    NO it hasn't made it to Washington yet ... it must be regional thing.  You westerners have it and the folks in the east don't.

Which store in P-town has it. Street address will do ... coordinates if you have them.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Dyal_SC, another outstanding cook.  I can't put into words how big of a hurting I would put on a couple of those.  As always, without question, another excellent cook from you good sir.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• moo4me
    moo4me Posts: 37
    Options
    Dude, that's a walk off right there!
    Best looking dogs I've seen in a long time. Will definitely be trying these sometime, Thanks for the great idea!
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    All I can say is WOW! I must try these.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va