Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well that was quick!

Options

Ordered yesterday afternoon, and FedEx just dropped them off... my new AR Combo!

(hope it all fits in the dishwasher)

Also, since my new brisket blade arrived yesterday, I ran out and grabbed what will be the biggest packer I've ever ruined:

Gonna try to turbo that thing on Sunday to have it ready in time for the game.

your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential

LBGE in SATX

Comments

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    I think you will love your AR. I just got my XL AR after enjoying my L AR.
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Wow!! 
    Get'er done!
    Anticipating the finish with pics.

Looks like a fun time, Congrats
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Very nice
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    You're all set now.  No excuses!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• keepervodeflame
    keepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You will definitely love your AR. Just a thought, in addition to the 13"round stone, I got the 13" x 17" brisket / ribs stone and an extra set of rods. Really a great purchase and IMO almost a necessity, as it effortlessly protects against exposed and burnt ends on ribs, brisket, and other long cuts. Definitely worth the cost, IMO. However, you can also use foil where the ends extend over the edge of your difffuser. 
  • greenenvy
    Options
    You will definitely love your AR. Just a thought, in addition to the 13"round stone, I got the 13" x 17" brisket / ribs stone and an extra set of rods. Really a great purchase and IMO almost a necessity, as it effortlessly protects against exposed and burnt ends on ribs, brisket, and other long cuts. Definitely worth the cost, IMO. However, you can also use foil where the ends extend over the edge of your difffuser. 
    Appreciate the advice. I had actually meant to get the oval stone for exactly that reason, but when I went with the combo I thought I wanted, the only option was oval grate with round stone, so it completely slipped my mind to check the other combos.

your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential

LBGE in SATX

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    No sir I don't think you are going to ruin that bad boy...Good luck and enjoy the ride..Looking forward to see the end result.. \:D/
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I have not seen a price on brisket that low around here in years.   Have fun playing with your new toy!   Looking forward to pictures!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.