Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT EF me its cold

Options
Even plugged in my car was angry at meimage
Large BGE
BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada

Comments

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I guess I'll take here over there but in your numbers it is too damn cold for us too. I am in Cincinnati Ohio today and it is -10 and -20 wind chill in Celsius.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

Car said 8 F this morning. I like it.

-30 C is a different story. Get on a plane and head south. How far is up to you.
    ;)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    supposed to be - 26 c at the camp tomorrow, crossed fingers with the water pipes til i get up there friday
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    that is beyond cold
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I guess I'll take here over there but in your numbers it is too damn cold for us too. I am in Cincinnati Ohio today and it is -10 and -20 wind chill in Celsius.
    @Egghead_Daron, Are you downtown?  I work downtown and the buildings act like a wind tunnel.  It will take your breath away and make it hard to breathe in these conditions.

Enjoy your visit and stay warm!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited January 2015
    Options
    -20's f. (-41wind chill) in Minnesota today. Sounds like egging weather to me
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NervousDad
    Options
    8f here and freezing , wind chill is insane one of the coldest days I've felt in a while ~-20ish
    Aurora,OH
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Still great Eggin weather regardless. Just like the postman whether rain, or snow, or sleet......

@YEMTrey I work on the west side on Beekman St. rough neighborhood!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Once it gets below 25F or so, there is no difference to me on how "cold" it feels. I actually feel colder when it's in the upper 30's. The wind is what gets to me an like @YemTrey said, working in the city is rough with tall building around. I work right by the Inner Harbor in Baltimore and the wind tunnel effect of the buildings when you cross the street sucks the life right out of you.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You're in Saskatoon? I have some friends that live there. They bought a house in NOLA to get away from the cold. They own the Drinkle Building. One of them was SWMBO's BFF growing up.
    You're in Saskatoon? I have some friends that live there. They bought a house in NOLA to get away from the cold. They own the Drinkle Building. One of them was SWMBO's BFF growing up.
    Yup I live about 9 Km from Saskatoon so essentially Saskatoon.  It is definitely a small world! I have driven by that building probably a million times I didn't realize the history it had.

My in-laws own a timeshare in New Orleans and vacation there for a few weeks during Jazzfest and the odd time during French Quarterfest every year.  Several years ago my wife and I went with them for French Quarterfest and we had a blast, incredible city.  Good food and lots of drink, who could as for more.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada