Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ThermoWorks TimeStick full review.

Options
anton
anton Posts: 1,813
Needed another timer for side dishes and whatnot, and I saw the TimeStick in the ThermoWorks catalog.
It is small, 4-1/2 " long, has a convenient magnet on back so you can put it on the egg handle, pan handle of the dish the timer represents, etc.
It has count up, and countdown range of 99 hrs 99 mins, and 99 sec.
70 db alarm at 11.8 inches distance, has lanyard so you can wear around neck if desired.
Price point $25.00 retail.
Splashproof, not submersible. Buttons are kinda small, but then again, I have paws. I have many applications for it.
My first application will be the 4 min timer for french pressed coffee. Side dishes, egg check intervals, I can see having two or three in a busy kitchen
Good Quality, small and light, easy to use, only needed directions for clock setting, everything else was intuitive. I give it a 8 out of 10, only because I have to push the buttons with my fingernails they are so small..

Got it and some stuff down at http://eggsbythebay.com/ in Santa Clara, @SMITTYtheSMOKER added a nice bag of Christmas presents on the right, Miners Mix, Simply Marvelous peppered cow, and a BGE cozie, thanks again Smitty, too cool. I want to try the Pineapple head on some veggies soon. Thanks for reading.
imageimageimage
 Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Oh anton, you got the red one ... they run a little fast I hear.  Blue is the correct color.  Oh well.

Good review.  I agree that the buttons are a little small and a little stiff.  At least the timer doesn't get reset in my pocket like my old West Bend timer does. 

One other thing you didn't mention that is some what frustrating.  Punch the mode button to get to the count up or down timer and delay punching start while you finish a task ... and the darn thing goes back to the clock display. Takes a little retraining ... which is hard with the older generation.

It's worth the cost.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    @Jeepster47, thanks for pointing that out,you are correct, 30 seconds of inactivity then it defaults to clock, I had to time it.
    :D   ;)
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your review - when I posted about mine a while back I got slammed so you might want to duck soon LOL. BTW I got mine even cheaper at $16 but in all honesty I would pay full price if I needed another. I have found that using the edge of my thumbnail means I can and DO use it far more than my other timers! But you want to know the real reason? Because at least at home I can wear it around my neck every where I go! With my other timers I sit them down outside/inside/out of range and never hear them! Now under my neck I hear them! I will also add I see the advantage at future Eggfests when walking around and hearing 18 timers going off I will at least know when one of them is mine!

BTW Green is the fastest!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @anton - you're gonna like the Simply Marvelous. The whole line is great. Spicy Apple was probably my favorite.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options

I use mine on every cook, hanging it around your neck is the only way to go. Next to the thermopen its a must have in my book.

Rowlett, Texas