Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

About to drink the Cool Aid

Options
2»

Comments

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    Nice. So you were already semi-equipped when it came time to eggpand your kitchen. Also, cookers aren't the only things you can stick in a table with either a big hole in the top or a space within its overall design. Lots of possibilities: potted plant; smoke wood storage; ice chest; etc.
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Welcome, a couple things I recommend, Never have direct contact with wood by either metal connected to egg, or egg direct on wood, it is a fire hazard. I see the pictures of nests sitting on wood, and while it may never be a problem, it is safer to have a fireproof surface underneath for heat separation first off, secondly, ash, sparks and the like. This is my set-up, note 5/8" gap all around table hole, 2" paver under egg, I could one better this setup if I had egg feet to put under egg, between paver for air gap, that to me would be the ultimate in safety for a wood table setup.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I too was surprised when I dismantled my old egg table to find burnt wood beneath TWO layers of 1/4" porcelain tile.  I used a piece of granite and the feet that came with my egg when I built my new table.
    #2.jpg 597.4K
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.