Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped Hot Dogs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen pics posted of this...how the heck to ya make them???? I'm pretty sure I have all the stuff and think the girls might enjoy them.
TIA
Arlene

Comments

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    A,

I couldn't find a picture to show but here is what I do and it is really simple. Slice the hot dogs lengthwise about half way thru and put them on the egg on a raised grid around 350 or so. Wait for them to split open some (approx 10 mins). Take them off and stuff with cheese of choice and wrap in bacon. (thin bacon is better than thick the thick bacon takes too long to crisp up). I used two pieces of toothpicks to hold the bacon on and sprinkle with Dizzy Dust. Put back on the raised grid at 350 until the bacon crisps up. I forget how long it takes but probably 20 to 30 mins. I like to cut them up into bite size pieces and serve them with toothpicks in them as appetizers.

JNK