Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I found OO flour in MN now what? Pizza

Options
I found an Italian grocery store here in the Twin Cities that sells OO flour. I bought a few packages of OO flour and hoping to do some pizza this weekend. Here's the problem, I'm very much a rookie working with flour/dough. So I was wondering if anyone has a simple pizza dough recipe for OO flour? Something in Layman terms that I can follow. Thanks guys much appreciated!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf

I like to leave mine in the fridge for 2-3 days, but one is ok. 2-3 is just better.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    Good luck. Post the results!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I got started with 00 flour using the same recipe that Carolina Q just posted . . . very good recipe as long as you cook at HIGH temp.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    NDG, good point, I think. :) Never been below 725° with that flour/recipe. And as high as 900°. No idea what happens if you use 00 and the FB hydration and bake at say, 500°.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Artisan bread
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I agree with @Carolina Q and @NDG This is the only way I do my pizzas now. It handles the heat great but is very wet when handling it. I'm also in MN, what store did you find OO at?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    Options
    Thanks guys for the link and tips.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

Artisan bread

No. Only us AP or bread flour. OO needs really high heat. Basically double the heat bread bakes at.
  • WeberWho
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @bigguy136 - Cossettas market place in St. Paul. (Connected to restaurant building) There's also Delmonico's Italian Foods in NE Minneapolis that has OO flour. They just changed ownership and weren't open when we stopped over. (I think they are open now) We talked with the new owner and she mentioned that they were going to be keeping the same products but making it more of a convenience store

Minnesota
  • RiverRatSkier
    Options
    I used to live just down the street from Delmonico's.  Going to have to check out either one of those!
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @RiverRatSkier I would call Delmonico's first to double check that they have OO flour. I have read that others have purchased OO there in the past but might want to double check with it being a new owner. Cossettas 100% carries it. I would like to check out Delmonico's at some point. I've only read positive reviews about the food and service

Minnesota