Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WTB Medium/Large egg

Options
I'm looking to buy a used medium egg located in Kansas city and willing to travel. Let me know you have one for sale or know of someone.

Comments

• ChicagoEgghead20
    Options
    Check Craigslist - if you don't see one, wait a few weeks, they always pop up from time to time
  • Sistm
    Sistm Posts: 53
    Options
    If you end up needing a nest for a large, I can sell you mine for a fair price. Good luck with your search!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Welcome to the forum @DRine_25‌. Not sure if you've been lurking on the forum very long, but several have posted about buying used BGE's and if it's worth the chance of going without a warranty. Some will say if it's a great deal than okay, but most say that without a great deal, stay away.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    The other thing you can run into is while the egg still basically looks the same, you may not be able to get the exact right parts if something cracks. I used to have a medium egg that was older and it had a cracked firebox. I was told that the new firebox would not fit due to a design change. In that case, I would have to replace the base AND firebox which would have cost a lot of cash. I ended up selling it "as-is" and got my money out of it.

I would only buy new with warranty at this point. I would check around for an eggfest for a discounted demo with warranty or a year-end closeout at a dealer if you want a deal. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DRine_25
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    The other thing you can run into is while the egg still basically looks the same, you may not be able to get the exact right parts if something cracks. I used to have a medium egg that was older and it had a cracked firebox. I was told that the new firebox would not fit due to a design change. In that case, I would have to replace the base AND firebox which would have cost a lot of cash. I ended up selling it "as-is" and got my money out of it.

I would only buy new with warranty at this point. I would check around for an eggfest for a discounted demo with warranty or a year-end closeout at a dealer if you want a deal. 

I was trying to find a eggfest somewhat close but they all seem to be 10 house away. I wish I could find a deal but all the place I have contacted keep telling me they never go on sale. If there is anyone out there that could help with contact info for a good dealer or a close eggfest that would be great.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @DRine_25 Where do you live?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DRine_25
    Options
  • revolver1
    Options
    DRine_25 said:
    minniemoh said:

I was trying to find a eggfest somewhat close but they all seem to be 10 house away. I wish I could find a deal but all the place I have contacted keep telling me they never go on sale. If there is anyone out there that could help with contact info for a good dealer or a close eggfest that would be great.
    You just missed one in Springfield, Mo.  Usually held in late October.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • DRine_25
    Options
    Might be interested in a small if anyone has a deal
  • DRine_25
    Options
    I was wondering if a used medium egg with nest for $450 or a large with nest for $650 are decent deals?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    DRine_25 said:
    I was wondering if a used medium egg with nest for $450 or a large with nest for $650 are decent deals?
    good deal for the seller - not for the buyer! me thinks you don't understand the value of the warranty! Stuff happens and replacing broken ceramic pieces are quite expensive! Save your "butter and egg" money until you can buy new! You will not regret it in the long haul!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Drine_25-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Given the above comments about the warranty, a rule of thumb is if you can get an unused (NIB) non-warranty BGE for around 50-60% of the local prevailing price you are in the ball-park.  But it's your call.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.