Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Stretchy Pants Time

Options
2»

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Crap, I completely forgot about the deviled eggs. I guess there's always next year. Great looking meal @NPHuskerFL‌. Hope the rest of your holiday weekend goes great.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    @Foghorn‌ "What body of water is that?" Huh?
    In the fruit pic, I thought it looked like some water in the background.  I guess I was mistaken.  I've spent some time in your part of Florida so I was curious.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I could go for a plate of that right now! Deviled eggs never even crossed my mind, shame on me.
    Dunedin, FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Foghorn‌ That makes sense. I was wondering because I thought how is it possible to even see the creek in any of the depicted shots. Lol
    We have a small meandering creek that runs way in the back of the property. Quite frankly we never go back there. We prefer to leave the back of the property undisturbed in its natural beauty.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind and thoughtful comments. We enjoyed cooking the entire meal as a family. Thanksgiving and Christmas are our favorites. My wife has always been a Hallmark Hound. We have Christmas music playing and aromatics tickle the olfactory while preparing the meal. It really is quite fun for us all.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    NPHuskerFL...I misread your reply to Foghorn....I read it as saying  "" I was wondering because I thought how is it possible to even see the cheek in any of the depicted shorts. Lol ""

My eyes are not as sharp as they used to be !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Okay, we are going to have to work on our thread titles... This one is a bit scary...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice cook Husker. Great plate of food right there.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Judy Mayberry
    Options

You deserve a big hand just for getting pictures of each and every dish!

I have a question about spatchcocking a turkey. it takes all my strength with the poultry shears to take out the chicken backbone. Is a turkey a lot harder to do? What do you use?
    Judy in San Diego
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Judy Mayberry‌ Thank you very much Mam :) Normally I'll try to take pics throughout each of my cooks but, this one with all the prep of each of the dishes I didn't have time to stage everything (was lucky to get the pics I did--lol--). I totally agree Judy spatchcocking a chicken whether it be a small broiler, fryer or a large roaster I find it much easier just using poultry shears. Even though I have very strong hands and even with good poultry shears it was difficult to cut cleanly through a 15# turkey. I ended up using a serrated boning knife and it went much smoother.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014