Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tandoori wings, lamb, jeera rice, pappadums and raita

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Aviator said:

Papadum is a ground flattened out lentil based flour, spread thin, flattened and sun dried delicacy in all of India. It comes in many flavors. In the north it is more sweeter, dry roasted or microwaved, and used as an accompaniment to dry snack food. In the south, it is with a few pepper flakes, cumin seeds and is more deep oil fried to crisp and used with a traditional meal like with Sambar and rice.

What LS has served appears to me the north Indian Pappad ( not Pappadum, which is from the south).

Very yummy, I use it to go with a nice chilled beer. Among other things. 

I looked that up
    :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2014
    Options
    please send the recipe for the tandoori wings... we love indian food but havent yet made it on the Egg... thank you!

I used a boxed masala on these. I rubbed with the masala, ginger garlic paste and cumin. The next day I added some drained Indian yoghurt (curd) and mixed it in and let it sit another day. Grilled hot, raised indirect and pulled out the platesetter for the last few minutes.

(

)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That stuff is low in salt too, so a pretty good rub IMO.

Not available in the US though... unless you know any moose-cookers from up North :) Thanks again LS and @Canugghead.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    That stuff is low in salt too, so a pretty good rub IMO.

Not available in the US though... unless you know any moose-cookers from up North :) Thanks again LS and @Canugghead.
    I'll bring you a big bottle in March.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    Options
    That's not where I was going with the comment, but I'll take it! Your kindness far exceeds your height, sir.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Aw that's OK. Gary paid me for the big bottle and I pocketed the extra.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Aw that's OK. Gary paid me for the big bottle and I pocketed the extra.
    I thought we were more than even Steven when you swiped my Indian sausages and tandoori chicken for dinner  :)) ;)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited November 2014
    Options
    please send the recipe for the tandoori wings... we love indian food but havent yet made it on the Egg... thank you!

I used a boxed masala on these. I rubbed with the masala, ginger garlic paste and cumin. The next day I added some drained Indian yoghurt (curd) and mixed it in and let it sit another day. Grilled hot, raised indirect and pulled out the platesetter for the last few minutes.

(

)

Actually they come in three variations, the other two are seldom found in most retailers because it's easier for them to stock just the original version (shown in middle).  The no msg, no artificial colour ones are mainly for restaurant and food manufacturers who want to make such claims in their menu and labelling.  There are subtle differences in taste/aroma between them, I still prefer the original but for the eggfest crowd I blend it with the no artificial colour one to tone down the redness.

canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    I'm planning on trying the tikka masala you guys gave me on pork chops that I found while freezer diving.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    I think we need to organize a group buy.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.