Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

best yet. ...thanks @cazzy‌

Options
2»

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    SoCalWJS said:

Question on the Suicide potatoes: Do you cube them with skin on or peel them first? Thinkin' I'm giving these a try. Maybe sour cream instead of mayo?

I leave the skin on. I'm not sure if the sour cream would just melt away or not.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    henapple said:

SoCalWJS said:

Question on the Suicide potatoes: Do you cube them with skin on or peel them first? Thinkin' I'm giving these a try. Maybe sour cream instead of mayo?

I leave the skin on. I'm not sure if the sour cream would just melt away or not.
    I'd go with creme fraiche if your looking for that sour cream taste.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The entire meal looks fantastic.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Looks great Henapple...I've gotta try those taters
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

@cazzy

Dude where ya' been?

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• scruffee81
    scruffee81 Posts: 85
    edited December 2014
    Options

If anyone wanted the recipe....

Suicide Potatoes Recipe

imageThis recipe for Suicide Potatoes, by John Madden’s Ultimate Tailgating Cookbook.

Contributor:

Added: Saturday, October 13, 2012

Category:

Ingredients:

8 large potatoes washed and baked with skins on
    1 pound Kraft Velveeta Cheese diced into small cubes OR my family prefers the Tex-Mex Velveeta Cheese
    ½ cup bacon bits
    1 to 2 cups mayonnaise

Directions:

Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Dice baked potatoes. Mix diced potatoes with cubed cheese, bacon bits and mayonnaise. Pour potato mixture in the baking dish in a 2 inch layer. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until brown and crispy on top. Serve immediately

Number Of Servings:
    8-10
    Personal Notes:
    This comes from John Madden’s Ultimate Tailgating Cookbook. These are called suicide potatoes because they are full of all that good stuff that the doctors tell you to lay off. This is a favorite with my boys and one of their most requested dishes.