Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

00 Flour brand recommendations?

Options
I haven't been able to find any locally, so I'm going to order off of Amazon. Any personal favorite brands out there for those of you who use this?
XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
Sandy

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    I've manage to find it locally in Austin at Central Market and occasionally at HEB. Ive used Antimo Caputo 00 Napoli (red bag) and was pleased with results.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I bought some Antimo Caputo from Amazon. It is said it is the worlds best pizza flour. I wont have a chance to use it for a while. That is the best I can give you right now.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @CPARKTX‌ Well, yeah, that's because Austin's awesome (even if it is in Texas =)) ). I'd probably have to journey up to Seattle to find it in stores...although I haven't checked the co-op in Oly...that's on my to do list this weekend. Thanks for the tip on Antimo. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Caputo is really good. There is also a seller on amazon that buys bulk and breaks it up in non Caputo packaging but its much cheaper. I have bought from the seller and always been happy and they always get good reviews.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Also try the SAF instant yeast. Its what the salt, water, flour book suggested to use and its worked well.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    @hondabbq‌ did you get it from amazon.com or .ca ?

If from .com did you ship it to Canada?

Options
    Caputo is good

edited November 2014
    Options
    paqman said:
    @hondabbq‌ did you get it from amazon.com or .ca ? If from .com did you ship it to Canada?

@paqman I had it shipped from .com up to a parcel service in the US just across the border from me. I was going down to Minneapolis for a week so I order up a bunch of stuff to the border. Just saw your dough post. I bought the blue bag Caputo.

@Lit I believe your referring to Taylors market. Don't know currently but when I bought mine it was cheaper to ship 2x 20lbs of flour than the whole 55lb bag, plus I didn't need 55lbs of flour all at once. If I like it ill get more when I go down next time.