Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great breakfast

Options
minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
Made some Scotch eggs and toast yesterday and they turned out great! Definitely a repeat cook.

I hard boiled the eggs for 7 minutes, put them in cold water bath and then peeled. Chilled the eggs in the fridge overnight. Also pressed 1 lb pork sausage into 4 thin patties and chilled them overnight on a baking sheet. Then I wrapped the egg with the sausage and then two strips of thin cut bacon around that. Dusted with Meathead's Memphis Dust and smoked indirect over cherry wood at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes. Then I went direct for the last 5 minutes or so to crisp up the bacon real nice.

I buttered a few slices of bread and toasted those on the grid and then served with a drizzle of real maple syrup. The prep is totally worth the results on this cook as my wife and I thought they were sensational. 

imageimage
L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments