Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A burger from Hell

Options
2»

Comments

• mlamb01
    mlamb01 Posts: 210
    Options
    I'd bet it burned more going than it did coming...
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    This inspired me. Frost wiped out my plants so I picked peppers off all the plants (5 varieties, hot and mild). Put them directly on the egg from the garden. I had a mesquite log that I got going in a chimney and tossed that in egg for heat and smoke. Let them go for about an hour and half during which the egg ran between 250 - 300*. Cut them and de-seeded and put them in a food processor like you described. I ended up with more tomatoe so it came out more like a smokey salsa. Thanks again for the idea :)
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I'd hit that! Looks good Craig.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Great looking burger. Love them peppers. Spring Hen loaded us up with japlapenos from her garden and we did the same thing roasted them, unfortunalely the salsa never made to the jar or the fridge. The chips came out and the rest history.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx