Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Married Folk- Where Was the Honeymoon?

Options
Wilma and I were chatting about the OO in Branson thread. That's where we honeymooned. I told her I coulda picked up a load of OO if I was an egghead back then. She said I was lucky I didn't.
For my first go around, Toronto & Niagara Falls.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    We went the cheap route and just cruised it up.  Went to Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel.  We're going to Fiji next summer for our 5 year anniversary.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    We didn't go on one. Took Friday off, got hitched Saturday, back to work on Monday.

We went to Curacao 3 years ago and that we decided to make that our honeymoon. Unfortunately, pregnancy did not agree with her so she vomited the entire time. I did get to jump off of a cliff, though. Perhaps we'll try again someday.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    St. Lucia for me and SWMBO.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Disney World and a Cruise to the Caribbean. Same ports as Cazzy.

Garnerville, NY
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I got married in 91 while I was still in college. I finished finals on Thursday and got married on Saturday. I had just finished my Sophomore year of college. 

We were so poor that we couldn't afford anything much less an expensive honeymoon. We went to Asheville, NC and different parts of NC. We then went over to Gatlinburg, TN. 

My wife got sick about halfway through so it wasn't the best honeymoon ever, but we have made it almost 23 years now. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Maui, 3 months ago.
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Austin & San Antonio. But it's held together for 45 years now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Orlando, FL - enjoyed Disney, Sea World, and Epcot. Round of golf and plenty of relaxing time by the pool. Couldn't have been a better trip to spend with my beautiful bride.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Chattanooga in 1962. Still going strong so it must have worked for us, although we were dirt poor.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Anguilla, 1993.  Haven't gone back, but would like to.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Met SWMBO at the Banff Springs Hotel when we were both working there. Moved back to Winnipeg with her for my career. We went back for our honeymoon 2 years later. We still knew a bunch of people in different departments. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was a two floor room and had all the luxury services of a king and queen.
  • bbqlearner
    Options
    We went to Beijing, China even though I can't read or speak Chinese - that was a fun adventure!  :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Which one? :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Not married yet  but the date is set for march 28th and we just booked Vietnam ho chi Minh City : Hanoi  and Cambodia for three weeks.   
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • bbqlearner
    Options
    All of them @henapple. We're interested to know.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    All of them @henapple. We're interested to know.
    This ^^
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Whistler BC
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Lake Oconee Ritz Carlton in GA for 3 days. However we got married in Hilton Head and had been there for 4 days with family and friends.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    I got married 21 days after my eighteenth bday . I literally didn't have a dime to my name. We got married at the courthouse and her mom paid for us to go to Gatlinburg, TN. That was almost 21 years ago and she is still hanging with me.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,536
    Options
    ... For my first go around, Toronto & Niagara Falls.
    read a joke a while back ...
    1st honeymoon Niagara
    2nd honeymoon ?iagra 

:D
    canuckland
  • Jus
    Jus Posts: 7
    Options
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

I got married 21 days after my eighteenth bday . I literally didn't have a dime to my name. We got married at the courthouse and her mom paid for us to go to Gatlinburg, TN. That was almost 21 years ago and she is still hanging with me.

Your MIL?
    Flint, Michigan
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Las Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ----- nope, not in this case. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We didn't go on one. Took Friday off, got hitched Saturday, back to work on Monday.

We went to Curacao 3 years ago and that we decided to make that our honeymoon. Unfortunately, pregnancy did not agree with her so she vomited the entire time. I did get to jump off of a cliff, though. Perhaps we'll try again someday.

If I took my bride on a honeymoon and she barfed the whole time, I would jump off a cliff too!  Bummer! :((

Living Large and XL

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options

Waikiki in 2009.

1st anniversary: Vegas

2nd and 3rd anniversary: Disney World/Universal

4th anniversary:  Vegas

5th anniversary (just this past Sept 5); Local Mexican Joint with Friends (hahaha the romance is alive!)

[Insert clever signature line here]
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    That's kinda what we did.  Wife didn't want to be the center of attention at an over-priced affair, so we drove to a Chapel in Tahoe.  Got married, drove back home, and I worked on a college paper that night.

And I don't remember which vacation we called our honeymoon, it was either the cruise to Alaska, or the trip to Hawaii to watch the Total Eclipse of the sun.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Met SWMBO at the Banff Springs Hotel when we were both working there. Moved back to Winnipeg with her for my career. We went back for our honeymoon 2 years later. We still knew a bunch of people in different departments. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was a two floor room and had all the luxury services of a king and queen.
    I got kicked out of the Banff Springs Hotel once!!!   :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    8 days in Walt Disney World.  Can't wait to take the kids back there one day.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

shtgunal3 said:

Your MIL?
    I thought you said milf.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    The Cloister. Sea Island, GA
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC