Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

18 Hour Butt

Options
It's a long story. I didn't intend to cook for that long. 6.5 pounder. My own rub (brown sugar, salt, paprika, white pepper, cayenne, black pepper, Ancho Chile powder. Onion powder, granulated garlic and cumin.

190 IT and she's resting comfortably FTC now.

Looking for your favorite sauces for butt. I'm tired of mine. Thinking vinegar base, but not comitted to it.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    18?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MJH
    MJH Posts: 102
    Options
    Yeah. Unintended. But it was never above 225 and evidently slipped down to 200 for a couple of hours. Very low, very slow. Will update.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    I could pull that bone from here, nice bark
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Go to naked whiz, find elder ward vinegar sauce recipe. Put some on while you're pulling/chopping the meat. Add more as needed when served. Excellent! Chopped is better, btw. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Go to naked whiz, find elder ward vinegar sauce recipe. Put some on while you're pulling/chopping the meat. Add more as needed when served. Excellent! Chopped is better, btw. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut