Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your cooking menu for the Ryder Cup weekend ??

Options
Being across the pond the TV viewing starts early in the morning..So I am thinking Saturday maybe some Breakfast casserole's..Followed by a Standing Rib Roast later in the day..Will decide on something Traditional for Sunday to celebrate the American win.. Enjoy the Golf..
Greensboro North Carolina
When in doubt Accelerate....

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    A weekend favorite of mine ..... looking forward to a victory this year!image
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'll be at Oktoberfest. Who needs golf when you have beer and lederhosen?  :D
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Man am I glad someone started this topic!! I'm hosting a Ryder Cup breakfast Friday morning at my home for about 10 of my golf buddies. Amish breakfast casserole, breakfast pizza,  homemade biscuits and sausage, all cooked on the egg. And let's not forget the Screwdrivers, Bloody Mary's, and my personal favorite, Tequila Sunrises. We should all be good a schnockered by the time they tee off for the second round of Fourballs. When it's over around 1pm eastern time we will make our way to the golf course for 18 holes. I'm like a kid in a candy store, can't wait. GO USA!!!!

Ahhh, remembering the good ole days....

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    And now for the photo I meant to post.
    RC.jpg 120.6K

• McStew
    Options
    YES those were the good old days..... DD one of the greatest player ever brings back good memories 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Imagine it's a lot like "caddie day" at Bushwood.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll be at Oktoberfest. Who needs golf when you have beer and lederhosen?  :D
    Should have been in Cincinnati last weekend.  Largest Oktoberfest outside of Munich! 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ksmyrl
    Options
    @McSTew you are correct. IMHO David Duval was the only player capable of being better than Tiger Woods in that time. But it's a different game now, they are all athletes now not just the top few golfers.

@GATraveller...lol...you said Bushwood. Hanging on my wall.

• GATraveller
    Options
    Classic.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I am a golf addict and watch a lot of golf on TV too. For some reason, I just can't get into the Ryder Cup. No matter how much I try, I just can't make myself care if 12 golfers from the US are better than 12 golfers from Europe this weekend. It seems I am in the minority amoung golf fans. Also, the captain's picks were a joke.
    But to answer your question, I am grilling steaks and smoking a brisket this weekend.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited September 2014
    Options
    McStew said:
    A weekend favorite of mine ..... looking forward to a victory this year!image
    @mcstew,What do you call this magic? and could you elaborate on how you make it? I have an Avocado tree.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    I love golf and follow it maybe too closely. Spieth and Reed? I hope that works out. Spieth has been great this year. Reed? Really stunk it up recently.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Patrick Reed was only chosen so they can watch his wife caddy for him.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm going bow hunting. Hoping I'll be posting a fresh venison backstrap on the small egg.

Little Rock, AR

• ksmyrl
    Options
    @Hi54putty "how dare you sir"  

blasphemy. But you got a point about at least one captains pic. Enjoy your steaks and brisket. I've been looking forward to Ryder Cup breakfast for over a month now.

• Hi54putty
    Options
    ksmyrl said:

@Hi54putty "how dare you sir"  

blasphemy. But you got a point about at least one captains pic. Enjoy
    your steaks and brisket. I've been looking forward to Ryder Cup breakfast for over a month now.

Ha! The captain's picks were a joke. Watson must have had his head in the sand picking Bradley and Simpson. They have been bottom of the field in every big event the last 3 months. Mahan had one good week.

Anyway, I'm much more interested in your breakfast than the golf! Good luck.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I'm getting ready to throw a pork butt on that will be ready for some pork and egg burritos in the morning.  Unfortunately have to work both Saturday and Sunday morning so tomorrow will be my only active day watching it unfold live. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    @Hi54putty When I was in Vegas in January I put $100 on Web Simpson to win the Masters. His odds at the time I placed the bet were 300 to 1. Imagine my excitement when he was leading on Thursday standing on the 10th tee. He went on to miss the freaking cut. So instead of me winning $30,000 the sports book at the TI kept my $100 bucks. One day I'll learn that long shots are long shots for a reason. But it was fun for those first 2 hours.

• Hi54putty
    Options
    300 to 1 are decent odds. I'm sure that was fun for a day.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • McStew
    Options
    @anton simple and easy slice avocado in half, take 1/4 slice off opposing side so it can lay flat on a pan, scoop out a bit and crack an egg in it.  Set egg for 350 indirect place in a cast iron skillet cook for about 25-30 min depending on how you like your eggs.   
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    Ahhh...The smell of Rockwood in the morning. Bout to put on the Amish breakfast pie. Go USA.

• ksmyrl
    Options
    Breakfast pizza and Amish casserole. USA leading 2 1/2 to 1 1/2. Hoooahhh

• ksmyrl
    Options
    Tequila Sunrise in the best cup.

• ksmyrl
    Options
    Nailed the breakfast pie.

• ksmyrl
    Options
    Pie and pizza. Now I'm relaxing. Watching the goof.

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    McStew said:
    @anton simple and easy slice avocado in half, take 1/4 slice off opposing side so it can lay flat on a pan, scoop out a bit and crack an egg in it.  Set egg for 350 indirect place in a cast iron skillet cook for about 25-30 min depending on how you like your eggs.  

@McStew ,Thanks man, genius and simple.

Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Going to do a seared and roasted rack of lamb with red wine sauce using Chris Capell from Dizzy Pigs recipe. 

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • McStew
    Options
    what Watson should do is pull himself from being the coach.... so many bad decisions :-O
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Wow..Just putting on a couple of Dead Ducks on the Egg... X_X
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Patrick Reed was only chosen so they can watch his wife caddy for him.

And what's the problem, you saying you wouldn't follow her around all day

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe