Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib steaks with Mickey's coffee rub

Options
The kids are gone for the weekend so the wife and I decided to cook a nice steak dinner to celebrate. I've seen a lot of threads lately using Mickey's coffee rub so I thought I would have it a try. Neither the wife nor I like coffee so I made a smaller batch to see what it was like. She was in charge of the sides and I was in charge of the steaks. I seared the steaks for two minutes on each side on the cast grate with the fire ring removed. From here I removed the steaks and dropped the Woo in with the regular grate. Once the temp was down to 400 I threw the steaks back on for a couple minutes on each side to finish up. When the steaks went back on I also threw the bacon wrapped mushrooms that were coated in BGE Kodiak River. The other side was mashed potatoes backed with cheese and bacon. The dinner was a smashing success. Even if you hate coffee give this rub a try. imageimageimageimage
XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
Joe- Strongsville, OH

Comments