Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Egg has been Hot

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Every night this week the BGE has been humming. Most everything has been of the simple nature.
Here is what has been cooked:
Monday – Chicken Fajitas marinated in a lime fajita mixture that I was try on request. It was good but not great. I used whole-wheat tortilla shells. The kids always eat this one well.[p]Tuesday – Chicken Fajitas again. However, I just sprinkled the Chicken with Fresh Lime juice and Kosher Salt. I also made some Black Beans to add to the mix. I used white flour tortilla shells. Different wrappers, different meal.[p]Wendsday – Char Crusted Hamburgers. I used some fresh ground chuck. I mixed a little Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Char Crust and then coated the outsides. I grilled the burgers like steaks three, three and dwell for five minutes. At the edges of the grill I also cooked three hot dogs for the kids.[p]Thursday – Anduolli Sauasage and left over burgers. This was basically a heat and eat meal. I served them with Stir-fried Fresh Green Beans and Garlic Fried Potatoes. The potatoes are simple. I diced up about seven Yukon Gold Potatoes and then fried them enough oil in a cast iron skillet to cover a single layer. When the potatoes are golden, I removed them to a bowl and sprinkled them with Kosher Salt and raw sliced garlic. I used a whole head of homegrown garlic. [p]Tonight - Non-egg. Beef and Black Barley Soup. However, I am going to toss in the leftover beans and Anduolli so that kind of counts.[p]Saturday – Spare Ribs, Fresh Sweet Corn and Cole Slaw. I have not yet decided how I am going to cook the ribs. I may go for NB’s Ginger Mahogany Ribs.[p]On a side note, KennyG and I had the unexpected pleasure of having lunch at Computer Conference that we both attended.[p]Next week, I am heading California to see if I can find Elder Ward and tell him that we miss him.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Go with the Ginger-Mahogany Ribs. You won't be dissappointed. Matter of fact, you've talked me into it! I'm going to get some baby backs on my way home from work today and do them tomorrow as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Makes me hungry...[p]you should roast those potatoes in your skillet in the egg - wonderful![p]Mary