Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gameday!

Options
Hope the Gamecocks put a spankin' on Georgia today. ;) Threw some baby backs on the large egg at 5 am. Now waiting at Williams Brice for @JRWhitee‌ to get here for some tailgating. More pix to come.

Comments

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Love it. There is a rhythm to life during the football season (and fall in the South) that warms my soul. Enjoy your day, regardless of the outcome of the game
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • KennyLee
    Options

The coolest thing I saw about that stadium was some show I was watching where they were showing those boxcars that someone put on the tracks outside the stadium and then sold to people who fixed them up and used them as tailgating spots on game days.

BTW......ribs look great.  Good choice!! 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    @KennyLee‌ - they are cool. Called Cockaboose. Don't know how many we have but a very cool unique gameday experience. Love the ribs. Look good. We will be watching from home today. Go cocks!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    GBR!!! Game time 1030 PM EST
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌ , my better half and I had a great time! Thanks again for thinking of us with the extra tix. That was one heckuva game!! You and your family are very fun and down to earth. Definitely wanna do it again!

Here are a few extra pix. JRWhitee's wings were phenomenal.

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    That came out wrong. :-t When I said "JRWhitee, my better half and I".... I should've just said "My wife and I had a great time with JRWhitee and his family." I could see how that could be misinterpreted now that I read it again. LOL Though at least I didn't put a comma after "half." #:-S
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thanks Craig, the Dyals are great people, they showed us true southern hospitality. My daughter is a sophmore at USC and when here friends found we would be tailgating with our Green Eggs they made sure they didn't miss the opportunity, I had cooked for them at my house this summer. I brought the small Egg and Craig had is Mini and both were busy until game time. Craig made some fantastic spinach artichoke dip, Baby Backs with a great rub, chocolate chip cookies and I did Wings rubbed the day before 1/2 with Tsunami spin and 1/2 with Swamp Venom. ABT's with cream cheese and LeGruyere and Fat Man's Love rub and wrapped with bacon. We finished with a big win over the #6 Georgia Poodles. I look forward to cooking with Craig again at he Eggtoberfest. Here are more pictures.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    A great game and awesome food.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @Dyal_SC and JRWhitee - what do you guys do with your eggs while you're at the game? I really want to take my small to tailgate too but everyone in our group goes into the stadium. I'm concerned about trying to store it and keep it from getting ripped off. We usually tailgate after the game for a couple of hours too so it also needs to be loaded and ride home safely post-game.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Actually I just left it in the back of my truck. Probably not the best idea, but at least there were people guarding the tailgating area we chose. I'll probably try to think of a better way to lock the mini down next time though. If nothing else, maybe just a chain run through the damper and through the lid.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    How bout those gamecocks! Great game.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I just rolled the small between our two trucks, the guys running the lot knew we had eggs and it would have been tough to run off with one. The small was very hot when we went into the game. 
    Go Cocks!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Bet that was a lot of fun. The food looks good and the game was great. Way to beat them poodles and help Baylor go up a spot in doing so. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @Griffin,  have you been to the new Baylor stadium.  That place looks amazing.  What a great spot!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @Griffin,  have you been to the new Baylor stadium.  That place looks amazing.  What a great spot!
    I have not. I was supposed to go two weeks ago (or was it three?), but my back was acting up and I knew I would be miserable with an 1.5 hr triop down, sitting in the stands and another 1.5hr trip back. Back problems suck. Hoping I can make it to at least one game. I've got tickets to the BU/Tech game, but that doesn't count cuz its at Jerry World. I mean Cowboy Stadium. I mean At&T stadium. Whatever its called now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings