Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky a success

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did the jerky thing. I marinated for a couple hours (soy, worcestershire, brown sugar, garlic, dried peppers), then cooked it for an hour at 200 on some foil. Flipped it and let it go about a half hour, then covered it with foil and went another couple hours. Took off half of it at that time. The rest of it I let cook all night closing all the vents and just letting it shut down nicely.[p]IT WAS DELISH. I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the long and short cooks. But next time I think I'll use a little LESS dried pepper. Yowie. My son ate a piece, drank half a glass of milk, ate a piece, drank half a glass of milk. With tears in his eyes says "it's really good mom, but maybe next time not QUITE as hot!" Ooh but what a healthy feeling. We finished off easily a half pound the first night. It's gone already. Another batch gonna happen this weekend. We're happy. And it was SOOOO easy.

Comments