Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Priceless

Options
MakoBBQ
MakoBBQ Posts: 230
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two Boston Butts 7 pounds each @ 1.19 a pound with Jody's mustard sauce: $17.00[p]NYE003.jpg[p]Add Naked Whiz Rub ingredients less than 3 bucks:[p]NYE005.jpg[p]Pulled Pork to share with family and friends on a beautiful NC day for New Years Dinner? PRICELESS.[p] NYD007.jpg

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    MakoBBQ,
    Where are you located? We had the same beautiful day you did! We did a boneless leg of lamb for tonight. Dear goodness! If there is anything better on the Egg, I just don't know. I covered it with Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin, roasted about 1 hour direct at 350 on a raised grid. Wow!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MakoBBQ
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, We are located in Clemmons just outside of Winston-Salem. Today was a fabulous day to be outside. The leg of lamb sounds awesome, I may have to try that sometime.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    MakoBBQ,
    Hey to you NC guys, I have a business in Salisbury and get down there about 6-8 times a year. My in-laws live there, my father in-law taught me how to make pulled pork 22 years ago. I got him to meet us at Eggtoberfest this last year and they had a blast. I can't convince him he needs an Egg, he says that shoulders should be cooked on a 55 gal drum. They do taste just as good, but it is a hell of a lot more work. I'll work on him a little more at the next one. Happy new year! -RP

• MakoBBQ
    Options
    AZRP,
    I tell you, it sure is easy making the pulled pork on the egg. Last night before I went to bed, the egg temp was 240. I woke up at 4:30 and checked it and the temp did not budge. I didnt even open the dome the entire cook.

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 92
    Options
    MakoBBQ,[p]What pork cut do you use for the pulled pork? What is your grill set up? What temps, time, how much lump, etc? Obviously newbie!
  • MakoBBQ
    Options
    jake,
    It's a Boston Butt. Very inexpensive at 1.19 a pound on sale. I cooked mine for 20 hours.[p]I just got my egg this year. I've done the pulled pork about 6 or 7 times. It is a challenge at first, but one you get the hang of it...its not bad. I got most of my information about this at NakedWhiz.com[p]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/pullpork.htm[p]This gives you alot of information and is a great starting point. It may seem like a lot, but it is well worth it.[p]Also check out jodysgarage.com[p]Good luck!