Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roomies

Options
Don't they look cozy??

One for tonight, one for later this week. Just took my first sip of Maker's for the evening. Life is good.

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Nice. What's a sip?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,512
    Options
    Okay-time for a review of the BGE adult supervisory (key word) beverage rules:  Light the BGE (time of day does not matter)- time for an adult beverage; first food on-time for an adult beverage and then as appreciated for a quality time with the BGE (or said another way SWMBO escape :)>- ).  And if you think day-time cooking is entertaining then just run an overnighter that finishes early the next evening.  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Boileregger
    Options
    Here's the finished project.

@lousubcap I agree with your rules, however I have a 5 year old son in the house who has already broken 2 bones so I try to wait until 5ish in case I have to make an ER run.

I'm on Maker's #2 right now, so hoping he can calm down for the rest of the evening.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Here's the finished project. @lousubcap I agree with your rules, however I have a 5 year old son in the house who has already broken 2 bones so I try to wait until 5ish in case I have to make an ER run. I'm on Maker's #2 right now, so hoping he can calm down for the rest of the evening.
    Very nice looking birds, and I like your idea with the kiddies, I have the same delema here sometimes!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,512
    Options
    @Boileregger-roger all and totally understand.  And a great cook right there-enjoy the eats but even better the quality time with your son.  Goes waaay too fast!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ChristinaSunshine
    Options
    Are those chickens?  They look so PLUMP!  What did you put on them?  And how did you serve them (accompaniments)?

• Boileregger
    Options
    @ChristinaSunshine‌ yep, just two chickens. For the one for tonight just a home made rub of salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and thyme both under the skin and on it. Served with roasted broccoli which is a family favorite.

The one for later is for chicken chimichangas so the rub is cayenne, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper.