Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Cook - Hamburgers

Options
This makes twice cooking on the Egg in 2 days.. nice. This time was hamburgers.

Set the Egg too 350ish.. cooked 5 minutes on each side. Rotated the burgers since the back is hotter for 1 more minute.. I can't even describe how good these are.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    You are on a roll and while the obvious enthusiasm may wane, the quality of your BGE cooks will only  exponentially improve.  A great cooking machine and a great SWMBO escape mechanism.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    Thank you. I plan to have plenty more journeys :)
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Nice looking burgers,  I feel that the egg transforms everything better but burgers and chicken is amazing

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Very nice.  It took me almost a year to figure out how to cook a good burger.  Always tried too hot.  Looks like you nailed it.  Welcome.
    Options
    Thanks @Tjcoley‌. Believe it or not, when I was using my umm.. gas grill, I always though the quicker the better.. which if course us not true. I find that unless it's required, I prefer to keep the temps on a more tame level. So far is worked.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Some excellent looking burgers.... Way to go!!! The taste on everything is just so much better.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Next time cook a few extra. 60 seconds in the microwave the next day or two or three make a great lunch. Beats the hell out of fast food.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Zarcon
    Options
    @anzyegg - Thank you. And so far, I will have to totally agree.

@THEBuckeye - Since it was just me and the wife, she only picked up 4. Which didn't really do any good since I ate 2 of them :)

I forgot to include the awesome sides that I had to go with these burgers.. Went totally 'old school' with some wavy Ruffles and an ice cold PBR.
    =D>

I know that I am still new here but I have done an awful lot of research regarding the Egg (recipes, videos, forums, etc.). I feel as if I am ready to tackle anything now.. haha.

My future to-do list:
    Ribs
    Bone-in Ribeyes (my absolute favorite)
    Smoke a butt
    Corn
    Baked potatoes
    My special Meatloaf

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Zarcon-you have crossed a threshold you may have not be aware of here.  When you mention PBR in a post then you will summon the forum PBR God-@henapple.  If you like bacon and PBR then you will feel compelled to visit the temple in the 'boro, TN.  I'm sure he has been awakened from the PBR induced slumber but rest assured you are treading close to hallowed ground right now.    :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    @Zarcon‌ hell yeah!! Welcome. I'm still in my first year and have (I'm guessing) 80 cooks? You'll surpass me quickly at this rate!! Food looks awesome, let us know if you have any ?'s.
  • r2davis65
    Options
    Great looking burgers.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Somewhere down the road...grind your own burgers. Makes an unbelievable difference. Looks great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Zarcon
    Options
    Thanks all.

I wouldn't mind grinding my own burgers but the only choice I would have in doing that is:

1. Having it done at the butcher shop
    2. Convincing the SWMBO to buy a grinder (not likely since she just bought this egg for my birthday 2 weeks ago)
    3. See how good the SWMBO is at manually....tearin' it up.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Great looking burgers!!!! For something new try stuffing them with your favorite ingredients.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Zarcon
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    Great looking burgers!!!! For something new try stuffing them with your favorite ingredients.
    Yeah. I wanna try and shoot for maybe a Jalapeno and cheese stuffed burger. Just have to decide if I want cheddar, swiss, or something else
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Outstanding!!! Welcome to the cult...
  • Zarcon
    Options
    <in my best Elvis voice> 'why thank ya ver much'
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    Looks like a home run to me my friend! I will take 6 myself ;) Excellent job sir! Excellent =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Zarcon‌ Looks like a home run to me my friend! I will take 6 myself ;) Excellent job sir! Excellent =D>
    Thank you sir. Coming from a grill-master, it is greatly appreciated
    ^:)^
  • Dillonjm
    Options
    Keep up the good stuff, bro.. I see you have a list too. It will just keep growing and growing because of this site..
    Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    You are more than welcome my friend. That was par excellent. For the record I'm no grill-master my friend. I'm average at best. There are some real masters abound. But I thank you kindly for the kind words.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.