Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chimichurri Flank Steak Fajitas

Options
Dillonjm
Dillonjm Posts: 229
3rd cook on the BGE - We were in the mood for some Fajitas so I decided to grill up a Flank Steak and some Chicken. I marinated the flank steak in chimichurri sauce for a few hours and seasoned up the chicken with some Dizzy Pig Fajita-ish rub. I also made some Roasted Tomato Crema for the chicken fajitas. I borrowed the Crema recipe from a fellow egger, tarheelmatt. I ran the temperature up to 550 degrees and put the meat on. I pulled it when it reached 140 and then let it sit for 10 minutes. I did some peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet with EVOO on the BGE while the flank was sitting. Dinner came out pretty good, no complaints. The girlfriend really liked how fresh and delicious the crema was. I will definitely be making that again.
Backyard BBQ Dude
1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA

Comments

• Dillonjm
    Options
    Lol.. Maybe I posted too many pictures..
    Backyard BBQ Dude

Northern VA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Lookin real good Dillon. Great job for your third cook. What are your impressions so far? Did you have prior grilling experience before joining the cult?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dillonjm
    Options
    @Griffin - Absolutely love the BGE and the flavors it's brings to the table. My girlfriend was originally against me spending over grand for a grill but now she mentions it all the time that it was well worth the investment. By 3rd cook, I more or less meant bigger cooks besides burgers, dogs and small chicken. I've done those a bunch of times in the short time I've had it. 1st bigger cook was a spatchcock chicken,  2nd was a pork loin (pictures posted) and then the flank steak. Nothing too great but a good step in a great direction. Going to try some ribs or pizza next. I wasnt much of a griller before, just burgers, steaks, chicken on a gasser. Never tried ribs, brisket, pork butt yet... Those are coming!
    Backyard BBQ Dude

Northern VA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Well you are off to a good start!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Welcome. Fantastic for a 3rd cook.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice looking meal you made there 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now