Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hasenfeffer Egg Table

Options
SouthTex
SouthTex Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has,[p]I am a three day old egger and am new to the board. I just noticed your table. That is a piece of work. I am working on one similar to it. Are those 1X4's on the top and 2x6's on the sides? Also is that ordinary #2 pine? Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to get it build so the eggin can begin. Thanks from south Texas.

Comments

• Hasenpheffer
    Options
    SouthTex,
    Welcome to our world!LOL I appreciate such a nice compliment. Your exactly right, 1x4's for the top and shelf, 2x6's for the sides and 2x4's for the legs. I'f I had to do it again i would use 4x4's for the legs. Not because of stability but I think it would look a little better. Unfortunatley I built the table out of pressure treated pine. Just didn't think beforehand about the chemicals and food thing. Soon after I put several coats of stain and poly to seal it and it adds a nice look as well. Whatever you decide just have fun. Once you start cooking on the egg you'll wonder how you ever cooked on anything else. Be sure to ask the board any questions you come up with. There are so many wonderful people on this board who are more than willing to help out.[p]Good Luck![p]

• SouthTex
    Options
    Hasenfeffer,[p]Thanks for the info. Wow, if that's pressure treated lumber then I may do the same. I was worried the stain would come out green as have some of my other projects. I agree, there are many wonderful people on this board that enjoy sharing their experiences and recipes with others. I hope to do the same soon. Thanks again. Oh, almost forgot, did you router that square out for your tile?
  • Hasenpheffer
    Options
    SouthTex,
    I'll be glad to help anytime. I did let the pressure treated wood dry out two or three months before I applied the stain (maybe that helped). You may also consider cedar or redwood. As far as the tile cutout, I just used a jigsaw but a router may work even better. I then built a frame to support the 18x18" tile. Oh, I mispoke in the previous post. The sides are 1 x6's not 2x6's. [p]Be sure to post some pics of your table when done. TNW will be happy to add it to his table gallery.[p]Take care!