Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket, It Begins

Options
2»

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Beef, it's what's for breakfast.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    What will coffee do for a Brisket? I have not tried it yet on the briskets I've cooked, but even on the egg website there is mention of using it on brisket . I was given a dry rub with coffee from Hawaii and used it as a seasoning on burgers,came out pretty good .
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Thats a good looking man sized breakfast..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    sctdg said:
    What will coffee do for a Brisket? I have not tried it yet on the briskets I've cooked, but even on the egg website there is mention of using it on brisket . I was given a dry rub with coffee from Hawaii and used it as a seasoning on burgers,came out pretty good .
    Since this is my first brisket, I have nothing to compare to.  I was given this recipe, maybe one of the old timers will explain.  I will say this turned out good.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I hate the clean up from low and slow.  For those of you that were curious about the amount of oak, it may not show well, but the smoke wood ring was still quite intact, but it had been rendered to be pretty much like the lump.  It was solid, but char through and through.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    So in your opinion was the amount of smoke ok? Would you do it that way again? I'm guessing the way in which you arranged the oak around the edge made it work? I don't mean to question your methods as I'm still very much learning.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    At that temperature the chunks slowly smoked.  It worked just fine and I would do it that way again.  Most the smoke wood was still there, but reduced to lump.  If it burned too fast they would be ash.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    The bigger the clean-up the better the cook! 
    New Albany, Ohio