Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I got the right setup .

Options
sctdg
sctdg Posts: 301
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I have a large Egg that I purchased in June . Previously cooked on an Cabella offset ,Masterbuilt electric digital smoker ,Weber Genesis and Chargriller Acorn . I love the Acorn which is also a Kamado but I always wanted to go ceramic . Living alone and having a girlfriend that comes by occasionally during the week and is here on the weekends I don't have much need for something to cook for a crowd .Never and I mean never is there more than two people being cooked for around here. So when I was looking at the really cool accessories for the Egg I saw all kinds of stuff and much of it was to increase the amount you can cook ,not for me . What I have first of all is my Auber which I have from the Acorn with a 6.5 fan which is the same as the Egg. Then seeing all the good things talked about on this forum and others from the Ceramic Grill store I bought a Woo2 ,a spider and the Graycort cast iron grate . All I can say is that if a person is usually cooking small this is the perfect set up . Did my first raised direct and sear last night with a NY strip which came out perfect . Did a chicken this afternoon raised direct ,perfect . The way you can slide the platesetter into the woo is extremely helpful . Yeah I know this stuff has been talked about a lot but if someone is new to the Egg and is contemplating adding to it's capabilities this should be considered big time .I looked at the Adjustable rig and almost pulled the trigger but a few people on this forum talked about the flexibility of Woo,spider and Cast iron setup. Glad I saw that .
Real good advise coming from this forum . Thanks Guys . 

Comments