Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Spots

Options
I've been egging now for a couple of years and have noticed this for a long while now but never got around to asking if anyone else here was having the same problem.  II seems no matter how I build my fires on my large BGE or what size lumps I use the hottest part of my fire seems to be on the left side of my grate.  This doesn't seem to change even when the lid is closed on longer cooks.  Anyone else seem to have this issue, and what could be the cause? 

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    How's your ps placed?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Tydfan
    Tydfan Posts: 41
    Options
    When I use it, I use it legs up with feet positioned at 12, 4 & 8 o'clock.  I notice this mostly when the plate setter is not being used at all.  For instance on wings cooked at 350 raised I notice the wings to the left get done quicker than the middle to right and I have to rotate to ensure they all get done at the same time.  It is pretty noticeable when you hold you hand over the grate in the raised position as well.  the left side is a good bit hotter than the right.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    I experience the same exact thing. Specifically, when not using a plate setter. And by the way, i have a LBGE.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA