Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston Eggers beware

Options
JethroVA
JethroVA Posts: 1,251
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
warning: I travel to your fine city monthly and, at the slightest insinuation of an invite, I swear to you I WILL show up on your deck/patio with booze to share. But I must warn you, as I tell my teenage kids, my awesomeness does NOT have an off switch. Edit: sorry, the free wine on Delta made me say that as we are somewhere west of the Mississippippissippi bearing down on IAH.
Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Such a humble introduction. Ones 'awesomeness' should be others opinions, not self-proclamation.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    warning: I travel to your fine city monthly and, at the slightest insinuation of an invite, I swear to you I WILL show up on your deck/patio with booze to share. But I must warn you, as I tell my teenage kids, my awesomeness does NOT have an off switch. Edit: sorry, the free wine on Delta made me say that as we are somewhere west of the Mississippippissippi bearing down on IAH.
    Don't let some peoples lack of humor detour you from meeting some nice people in the Houston area. Sounds like you will fit right in...funny post.
    Safe travels.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Did say "booze to share"? That's all I needed to hear :) should probably wait for my kids latest gift from daycare aka gastroenteritis, to clear though!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JethroVA
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm glad some of you appreciate my sense of humor! Edit: my desire to meet Houston Eggers is sincere and since y'all are "above average" as Texans I knew I'd have to write something better than, " hey y'all, can I come over?".
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JethroVA
    Options
    Ok, my Avatar is not my real picture. No cement pond in my upbringing.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Hell with that sense of humor and more importantly the offering of booze. Your welcome here anytime! =D>
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If you ever head north to PA and your offer to bring booze to my deck stands, let me know, I'll be sure the egg is fired up for something.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Once I get settled in, you can come over with @caliking and eat some brisket.  He and my wife will drink your booze...I like fruit punch!   :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    edited July 2014
    Options
    come to Detroit. Bring beer tequila and steaks. We can play on the egg
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Lighten up bernd
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    175 miles north in Salado just call man. Drove just outside Richmond yesterday or day before yesterday headed north.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Nobody comes to Flint...on purpose. :(
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I got really close
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options

Too bad Spring Hen and I are still on the trail trying to return to the Chicken Ranch. 

How long are you going to be in town? 

We don't yet know when we will be arriving home but the first thing I post is to let the world know that the Chicken Ranch Is Now Open.  As satisfying as that announcement is, business doesn't pick up until after we have unloaded the wagon and advised the Chicken Ranch staff that we are ready for business.

Hope you're in town long enough to come for a visit.

Spring "Stalled On The Banks Of The Ouachita River" Chicken

Harrisonburg Louisiana USA