Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo cheating ribs

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
I've done baby back ribs the various x:y:z methods, Carwash Mike's way, turbo, etc.  Last time, I did the CWM method and managed to scorch the bottom of one of the three slabs.  I've got company coming over tonight and want fall-off-the bone or very nearly there ribs without any chance of scorching, so I'm doing turbo with a boat.

I had them on the egg around 350F for 1:15.  I just moved them to a large foil pan, but it's too big to fit in the LBGE.  So, now that's in the electric oven at 350F foiled over, with 2:1:1 cider, cider vinegar, water.  After another 1:15, I plan to move them back to the egg to sauce and finish them.

Does anyone else do it this way?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    All you need is an oval stone: imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• njl
    Options
    I've been considering that setup (R&B?).  I actually have it in my cart in another tab (assuming they don't time out and empty the cart).  Boated, I'm still not sure they'd fit using the foil pan I'm using today.  What I have now is the BGE plate setter and the swivel second level adapter that was sold via group buy here a while back with a Webber charcoal grate as the upper cooking level.  My original cooking grid is about rusted out, so I've been considering the R&B setup and replacement stainless round grid.
  • njl
    Options
    These came out excellent.  After the 1:15 in the oven, I put them back on the egg at about 300F and sauced them with a mix of bbq sauce and the liquids from the pan.  Removed them after 30min.  Put them back in the pan (removed all the liquid first) and foiled them over for about 10min before we ate.